Nitrous and the 3V...?

mach1972

Jul 15, 2003
well, here is where I stand:

I currently own a 89 v6 auto vert which I am stripping dwon to stock to sell or trade in (http://v6power.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=280655#280655) on one of two cars - a 03/04 mach or 05 gt. One of the few parts I will be keeping is my nx wet kit. I have all the goodies and am prepared to install it on the car I decide to buy, I only have one question; what will respond better to nitrous?

The mach uses the 4v engine and should be filled with 93 octane (should be runnning this with the spray anyway) and the gt can run off regular gas. We know that the gt produces about the same hp/tq as the mach but earlier in the rpm range, this would lead me to get the gt but the thing bothering me is all the new stuff on the engine. Drive by wire, variable valves, etc... pretty scary when you are doing something new especially with nitrous.

Will running nitrous require a retune or can I run 100 shot out of the box (keep in mind its wet and the new intake looks wierd for flow). I want to hear stangnets collective opinion on my dilemma, I will be more than happy to post results regardless of which car is recommended. I have everything here to make it happen just let me know the pros/cons of each.

Thanks,
Josh

• Sponsors (?)

mach1972 said:
What shot are you running and any times at the track?

Right now I'm running a 75 shot, just to get used to how the car reacts to the spray, how long the bottle lasts, etc. I haven't run the car at the track since installing the nitrous, but I've done some "street runs" against a fairly well modified 03 Cobra, and have hung right there with him, right off his rear quarter, which is what I was shooting for.