nitrous bacfire spells disaster for my plastic intake

nitrous bacfire spells disaster for my plastic intake but whats funny is I have the NOSzle kit. I raced a GS-T and spanked him. turned off the bottle for some reason didn't purge it. Rented me a moive, walked back out and turned the key and BOOM! I kinda knew what happened so I towed the car home and pulled the intake and right on the back of the passager side intake there was a big hole. Does anyone have a idea as to what may had happened? I was under the understanding that this kit wouldn't do this.

The only thing that I can think of is mabey the solinode leaked and let the n20 into my intake and cause it. But if that is right why didn't it to it while the car was still running. I drove prolly 15mins before i killed the car to rent a moive.

• Sponsors (?)

May sound like a stupid question, but how many times have you used it? Did you install it right? Someone on the forum installed a nitrous kit wrong on a brand new stang a while back (6-8 months) and he ruined the whole motor. Anyway, subscribing cause I want to know what happened here....

Ok time for stupid question but doesn't the backfire occur because of a fuel puddling? Cause unless me forgot all of my chemistry N2O is nonflammable. So if that is the case could it have been a leaking injector or something? Maybe fuel jetting was too high?

BooWFO said:
Ok time for stupid question but doesn't the backfire occur because of a fuel puddling? Cause unless me forgot all of my chemistry N2O is nonflammable. So if that is the case could it have been a leaking injector or something? Maybe fuel jetting was too high?
I learned all my chemistry from Vin Diesel - and when the NAAAWWSSS hits it's time to run!!

IMO, it sounds like something had to have been leaking, especially to have the build up to blow the intake like that from simply trying to start it. Only other time I've seen something like that was a Z06 that sprayed from start to finish and blew up half the plastic intake (literally in pieces). Get that P-51!!