Need help plumbing my nitrous kit

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Hey guys I need some help from the nitrous expert. You guys need to scoop down to NEWB level for me real quick. I got this nitrous kit for a good deal, its a NX wet kit, it basically came with the bottle, the shark nozzle, the solenoids, the jets, and a purge solenoid. It also came with a couple lines but I purchased it with the knowledge that I was going to need to buy the supply like from the bottle. That being said I thought this was going to be cake, but its turning out to be a little confusing. Unfortunately I dont know exactly what kit I have and I have downloaded the NX wet kit install PDF but hasnt helped me with the plumbing part because I guess its easier if you buy the kit new to see where everything goes.

I have tried to contact this guy again after purchasing the kit with these questions and he has not gotten back to me.

(Also, how do I read the jets? Do the jets have the numbers they are stamped on them? Because they guy sent them to me like in a container labeled what they are, but the numbers on th jets dont match the numbers he had labeled on the box. How can I find out what they really are, and which NX recomends to use for each HP level?)

Here is a pic of what I have.
If you look at this pic,
#1 is the purge solenoid connected to the N20 solendoid.
#2 is the fuel solenoid with a FP gauge on the -in side of the solenoid.
#3 confuses me, I posted up close pictures below. It is a metal line that has a bubble at the end of the line and in the sellers picture it was attached to the N20 solenoid on the -out side of the solenoid, guess that goes to the shark nozzle? The bubble fits in the solenoid perfect as well(as pictured below), but why would a metal line go to the shark nozzle? and why would he cut it.
#4,#5 are small -4an supply lines.
#6 also confuses me because it is a small line, the has what looks like a -6an fitting on one side, and an even bigger fitting on the other side.

100_2890.jpg

100_2892.jpg

100_2891.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

that metal line would be your purge line.. the nitrous sol is the large one attached to it.. you will have an in and out marked on it pretty sure the in is on the bottom but double check... the out will go to the shark nozzle

line 4 will be from the nitrous out to the nozzle
line 5 will be the fuel feed line off the out fuel sol to the nozzle

line 6 my guess is the supply line into the fuel sol.

OK, that makes complete sense I got confused because the N20 Solenoid says Iceman Pure flow, I thought it said Purge. I think you are right that #6 is the fuel supply line, that would make sense if he had -an fittings to his fuel rails. Also I need to tap into my fuel line schrader valve for my fuel supply, but the only adapter to an -an fitting I can find is to a -4an, and I think I need it to be -6an for my kit. Should I find an adapter or should I not use the schrader valve as a fuel supply source?

Another question, how close does the nozzle have to be to the throttle body? What would happen if I put it in the fender?

OK, that makes complete sense I got confused because the N20 Solenoid says Iceman Pure flow, I thought it said Purge. I think you are right that #6 is the fuel supply line, that would make sense if he had -an fittings to his fuel rails. Also I need to tap into my fuel line schrader valve for my fuel supply, but the only adapter to an -an fitting I can find is to a -4an, and I think I need it to be -6an for my kit. Should I find an adapter or should I not use the schrader valve as a fuel supply source?

Another question, how close does the nozzle have to be to the throttle body? What would happen if I put it in the fender?

other then pumping a bunch of fuel through the MAF? im not a fan of that set up. the shorter the intake track for it for it the harder its going to hit...

you need to tap the nozzle a few inches away from the throttle body so it's a straight shot in. Use the shrader valve for your fuel supply. Not sure what size lines you have but you will need a 1/16" npt - whatever size an fitting you need.

That is a Stage 1 EFI kit http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instructions/stage1.pdf

srt laid it out pretty good, the jet numbers are stamped on the side, NX can give you the jet chart, I just looked and I dont see my old one and I'd hate you tell you wrong.

The nozzle needs to be pointing and spraying into the TB direction it is very important! I usually tap or weld a bung into power pipes, if your using the plastic/ruber stock pipe NX has a fitting (it is shown in the directions). You need to pull fuel from the shrader valve or you could use the FPR if you have an adjustable one with an extra port. I made some alum fittings for my own rail mount guages, one of those will work for you as well if your missing the fitting from NX, let me know and Ill send you one:nice:

edit: Here's a link to NX jet chart, mustang is on second page
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/Instructions/fordjetting09.pdf

fitting and lines: FUEL IS RED, N2O IS BLUE