nitrous newb in need of help

johnnyt03gt

5 Year Member
Mar 15, 2008
dallas TX
ok, i decided to i want a 75 shot of juice "stock 2v"
i just can't decide between. nx, zex, venom, nos eventually im getting a blower but for now i want spray. what im looking for is easy instill and most importantly safety for my engine
questions are
A can i mount fuel and nitrous pressure gauges inside the car
B can i mount the bottle inside the car is that safe?
C is a dry kit safe

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

A. Yes
B.Yes, preferably the trunk
C. "Safe" is a very uneasy term, Nitrous 101 says that wet kits are always better then dry, however from what i've heard over the years (never actually done it) A dry kit is fine for anything < 100HP this also goes for not needing a custom tune. I'm sure some of the stangnet members with nitrous experience will be on here shortly :nice:

wet kits arent any better that dry. It all depends on how the system is set up. wet kits have the potential to puddle fuel in the plastic intake, but i dont know how common this is. i run an anderson/NX dry kit on my 00 GT. Everything is controlled through the anderson PMS, and i have never had any problems with this. The extra fuel is supplied through the computer/injectors, and i have gone as high as .063 jets (200 shot) and never had a problem. wow...first post...lol

i ment to say inside the cockpit behind passenger seat also why are some dry kits more
expensive then wet kits i was looking at the. harris speed works sudden impact black momba kit last question nos foger safer then the rest ? thanks

I ran the NOS Noszle kit at 125 HP with no issues, but I also had a Kenne Bell Boost A Pump, a Plasma Booster, a NOS window switch, fuel pressure switch, etc. If you put together a solid kit and dont abuse the car, nitrous can be safe. BTW, I ran this on a bone stock tune...just as NOS recommended. Could I have gotten more HP with a tune? Sure...but likely would have been closer to the edge. I was running rich (I also had an Innovate Motorsports wideband and Autometer FP gauge) but that is much safer than lean. I wasnt 'pig' rich, but I was running on the safe side.

Just a note for question A: NHRA rules state that you must have a seperator line if you run a fuel pressure gauge into the cabin. They don't want raw fuel to have a way inside the car incase the gauge or tubing were to fail and start leaking. Either that, or a digital gauge. Not only is it a rule at the track, it is a very good safety point to follow for a street car too. You don't want gas pumping into the interior!

Now I just need to pick a brand I like zex nos nx
Harrisspeed works sudden impact black momba nice also Wich
One would you guys get?
Posted via Mobile Device

I can vouch for the Harris Speedworks kit. I have been using it for the last couple of years. It came with easily understood instructions and their customer support is/was great. Something to keep in mind also, Zex and NOS rate their hp #'s at the crank while NX, Dynotune, and HSW rate theirs at the tire. Not a big deal really, as you could always buy additional fuel/nitrous jets later.

I was happy with my NOS Noszle kit - it's simply the best kit for the mod motor. But it's not cheap. Otherwise, as you noted, NX seems to be the kit of choice.
And obviously you'll need an ELECTRONIC fuel pressure gauge. I've got an autometer. I'd also recommend a wideband.

Attached is my fuel setup. The brass fitting is where it mounts into the schrader valve on the fuel rail. it then splits a couple times with Tees to branch off to the FPSS, FP Sending Unit, and to the nitrous distribution block.

Also shown is the gauges I had.