Wheels-Tires Nitto 555 G2

VaporTrail

Aug 15, 2007
Raleigh NC
I was fortunate to sample the Nitto 555 G2 tires that were exclusively provided by Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc. while driving my 2015 50th anniversary LE mustang in exchange for an unbiased review. First of all, I noticed right away how much feedback I felt in the steering as compared to the Pirelli and Continental DW tires. Not that they are bad tires but the Nitto 555 G2 felt to me more in touch with the road. Like it has fingers that could feel every inch of surface. There were several things I noticed in regards to positive performance such as cornering, braking, acceleration and road noise after only driving a few hundred miles. These tires are so quiet compared to the pirelli's! If you are looking for a summer tire that want break the bank I must say so far this is the best bang for the buck.

I will give an update after I have had time to put more miles on the tires.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for this! My truck I traded in for the stang I had the Nitto 420S's on and it was remarkable the difference...granted it was an entirely different tire than the crap stock Goodyear Wranglers. However, I've been eyeing the 555's over for the stang and am looking forward to getting them on when the Pirellis wear out as I was more than impressed with the Nittos.