Nitto 555xtreme question...

BREDn07

Mar 30, 2007
Fresno, Ca
has anybody ran these tires at the track? how did they hook-up and what rpm's did you launch with them? did you mess with the tire pressure? i'm coming from sumitomo's and they broke traction from 1st to 3rd and almost into the wall.
Thanks for your opinions.

• Sponsors (?)

the nitto 555's are a good tire. Ive ran the 555 dr's. I havent ran the steet tire. The DR's hooked up really well on the street, but in order for u to get them to hook on the track i had to do a big smokey burn out. I launch my car at 3k and they hooked good on the street

I ran my 555NTs two weekends ago at the track and the starting grip at 32 psi wasn't great. They only chirped going into 2nd. The KDWSs would spin all the way into 3rd with the same settings and launch techniques last fall. Still wasn't able to better my 60' times, but these tires/wheels are wider/heavier than OEM.

I ran my 555NTs two weekends ago at the track and the starting grip at 32 psi wasn't great. They only chirped going into 2nd. The KDWSs would spin all the way into 3rd with the same settings and launch techniques last fall. Still wasn't able to better my 60' times, but these tires/wheels are wider/heavier than OEM.

well i hope the track will be decent that day, i'll drop it to about 27-28psi and launch at 3k, just wanna keep my mph between 103-108, that's what it did last year consistantly in the middle of summer with sumitomos.