No drone/resonation exhaust

seabas2020

Apr 27, 2004
I have a stock 2002 GT. I was looking at the flowmaster 40 series delta flow and also the 50 series delta flow. Has anyone put this on their mustang? Will it resonate inside the car? I want a meaner sounding exhaust, but I don't want the highway drone at 70mph. I was thinking of just cutting out the stock mufflers and welding in the flowmasters.

• Sponsors (?)

40 series Delta Flows

I've got a 2000 GT 5-speed and just put the 40 series delta flows on my Mustang and I like the sound. There is a little drone around 2,000RPM but I think it sounds tasteful..not too loud. I too was worried about too much drone which was why I went with the deltas. I don't know what other mods you plan to do to the exhaust but an xpipe will sound diffent over your stock hpipe. I just welded my deltas in...it's just enough "tone" for me. Go to Mustangexhaust.com and listen to the different sounds and pick which one sounds best to you.

i have an 02 GT also. i did Offroad X pipe and SLP loudmouths and have no drone at all. just a ton of throaty loud roaring. best combo ever.

yes, blowmasters 40s and 50s, will drone, vibrate, rattle, and sound like crap. I cutout my original mufflers and welded up 40s 2 chambers (the non delta blows) and it droned even going down the street... anytime the RPM wasnt in mid 2grand it was awful. i was trying to think of everything to do to fix it, including LT headers, o/r X pipe, until my brother said to me, "dude lose the blow masters and get some REAL catbacks". so I did. I've never been more happy.

Defleshed said:
i have an 02 GT also. i did Offroad X pipe and SLP loudmouths and have no drone at all. just a ton of throaty loud roaring. best combo ever.

yes, blowmasters 40s and 50s, will drone, vibrate, rattle, and sound like crap. I cutout my original mufflers and welded up 40s 2 chambers (the non delta blows) and it droned even going down the street... anytime the RPM wasnt in mid 2grand it was awful. i was trying to think of everything to do to fix it, including LT headers, o/r X pipe, until my brother said to me, "dude lose the blow masters and get some REAL catbacks". so I did. I've never been more happy.
Same here its like a switch SLPs Rock :D

The delta's don't drone too much, 1900-2200 RPM's, they're still rumbly like the 2 chambers. I love the sound and the radio drowns it out if you don't want to listen to it all the time.

seabas2020 said:
I have a stock 2002 GT. I was looking at the flowmaster 40 series delta flow and also the 50 series delta flow. Has anyone put this on their mustang? Will it resonate inside the car? I want a meaner sounding exhaust, but I don't want the highway drone at 70mph. I was thinking of just cutting out the stock mufflers and welding in the flowmasters.

seabas2020, you'll find that for every flowmaster fan there is another muffler fan that likes his or hers just as much..and we all love to voice our opinon. Good luck muffler hunting!

I have a 2003 GT Vert and installed 50 series Flows. I have been real happy with them. The only time I have notice any droan was on the interstate in 5th at around 85. I have 40 series on my '99 F150. They droan real bad.

I've had the 2 chambered flowmasters on my car for about 50,000 miles now and just swapped them out for a MagnaFlow cat back. The flowmasters were a LOT louder and they droned like crazy from around 1800 to 2300. With the Magnaflows there is now drown and the sound is much deeper, not as loud but a very good sound.

The 50 series sound similar to the 40 series, just not as loud or deep at idle. They are only loud when your in the gas. I have had several people tell me that my Mustang sounds really good. The only time I have really notice droan with the 50 series was around 3,000 rpm. If I remember right I was going around 90 MPH down the interstate in 5th gear. Hope this helps.