No/Low Optioned Fox Bodies

I am new to the forum but a longtime Fox body fan. One thing that really interests me is low to no option cars such as radio delete, no A/C and the rare 41X package. I like cars built on the lightest platform with the most horsepower. These cars were built when the owner could tailor build a car to fit their needs and not just be offered a few packages that include unwanted options.

With all that being said, who has a low to no option fox body? I'd like to hear about it. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hadn't heard of the 41x stripper package before.
Looked it up and its kind of cool. 1132 were made in 89 so pretty rare today.

They also talked about the competition preparation option for the 84-86 SVO stangs, which was similar.

Reactions: 1 users
No-option cars are cool, but there really isn’t a premium on them for me. Other than A/C and the roof options, the other options really aren’t a huge deal. It’s not like the 1960s when power steering and brakes were options

Then again I’ve seen some interesting combos over the years. No-option Aero GTs always seemed strange.

I’ve always preferred my cars fully loaded with all options available.

Reactions: 1 user
My 87 GT convertible, factory 5-speed has manual crank windows and is factory A/C delete. Its honestly many of the reasons I liked it. I know they are out there, however growing up and working on these cars when they were new and less than 10 yrs old, I've yet to see another one like it, LX or GT, but especially the typically higher optioned GT.

It's not a rare car or anything special, but I'm old school and also worked on and raced a lot of 60s GM iron. My mustang reminded me of those cars which were also basically no options.

My ‘86 GT was a bit of a stripper. Roll-up windows, manual mirrors, no heated back glass, no cruise control and apparently ordered without radio, as mine is a non-Ford unit dealer installed with chrome antenna instead of the charcoal gray unit. Mine does have factory A/C.

We ordered our '88 LX with manual windows and locks, no AC, etc. We did get a radio and added premium sound but that was it. We lived in the Philly area at the time and then relocated to Tennessee. My wife was not happy driving a black car with no AC in TN heat and humidity. :rolleyes: Car was taken off the street to race around '93 so most everything was stripped out of it anyways.

It has a sand beige interior also, probably a fairly rare optioned car.

I always thought it was odd that my car came optioned out with all available options (sunroof, block heater, lighted visors, AOD, power everything), but no cruise control.

Every other non-cruise aero car i see seems to only come that way when lacking other options like power windows/locks