No Mustang Performance Package for Canada

s197mustangdan

Apr 26, 2006
Hi

I recently sold my 2007 Mazda Miata to local ford dealer as I wanted to order 2011 Mustang V6 base car + performance package.:D
They were not aware of performance package for V6 2011 Mustang so I provided info to dealer. They contacted Ford Canada head office and was told this will not be available in Canada at all for 2011 but maybe only in 2012 model year:shrug:
Now no longer have my miata and can not get Mustang ordered the way I want it:eek::(:nonono:
I owned 7 different Mustangs since 1989 and 3 Miatas...

Not happy here:nonono:

Dan

• Sponsors (?)

There probably wouldn't be too much of a cost difference between a '10 GT and an '11 V6 with the performance pack, the performance should be similar. Not trying to talk you out of what you want to buy, but maybe something to consider. I think you should be able to find a decent deal on a 2010 GT now that the 2011 cars are showing up. Not sure what the insurance difference would be or how important mileage is to you.

dude if you just get gears with the car and a roush/steeda suspension kit later and some good wheels you'll be better off than getting the performance pack. i dont particularly like the 19's that come with the V6 performance pack so i'm opting for just premium+3.31 gears. springs and wheels are easy.

If your wanting the 11 v6 perf pack then yea you might as well go for a discounted 10 GT so you'll get bout the same milage, but if you want the 11 v6 for milage you'll want the auto and no perf pac. You know what i mean? :)

I thought about that too, but no 2010 Gt's left here and since I never liked the 4.0L V6 in 2005-10 Stangs I brought 2007 Mazda Miata in 2007.
I liked the Miata but hated the Mazda dealership:mad:
Decided wanted Mustang again as it is american car + ford dealership here in Sudbury always treated me better

Dan

Have them locate a '10 GT. I'm sure the dealer can do a search. My cost you a little bit to get the car in, but it'll be worth it. The deals on the GT make equal or less than a 2011 V6. I'm a Ford dealer in LA, so I do know. :)