No one has PCM blue prints!?! Fine! I'll get them!

javamac10

Jul 21, 2004
greenwood, IN
Holy cow, spent damn near a week just trying to find a few diagrams of the PCM! :bs: I'm looking to install a raptor light, so I started looking there. I found a 2003 3.8. It said use pin 26 for the coil wire, but what if I get an 01 mustang? I would think they would be all the same, but whatever. :shrug: So after that i started rapidly looking on google, nothing, so I called Ray Skillman (the local ford dealer) and they said they would be happy to print me off some PCM diagrams. :banana: I'm going there at 7 in the morning monday (est.). I plan to post the scanned ones on here, that way they will be here for anyone who needs them? I began to think that I was the only person doing this, but I know it's quite the opposite. :( It seems like a "Catch me a fish and feed me for a day, teach me how to fish, feed me for a lifetime." deal. Hope this will help some people. :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

:notnice: well it must have been stupid of me to think that people at a big dealership from the service department would do any more work then they have to. :bang: the guy didn't want to do anything for me and he printed out one year's pcm wiring diagram and wasn't even the thing i wanted! maybe ill go back when i get the car and have him show me exactly which wire it is, maybe then he won't be an ass. :damnit:

if knows the locations on the pcm for the tach lead on 95-99 4.6 or 99-04 3.8 ignition coil locations on the pcm, post them here!!! every bit of help is greatly appreciated, i plan on giving all the information to raptor performance after i am done, so hopefully no one else has the problem.

Are you looking for the internal schematics for the Powertrain Control Module? I don't think Ford releases these even to dealers.
If all you need is the ignition coil driver pin assignments for the '01 3.8L, I can help.
There are 3 ignition coils; each operates two spark plugs in series.

Coil...Cylinders....PCM pin...Wire color
=============================
..1....1.and.5........26.......Blue/Lt green
..2....2.and.6........78.......Pink/white
..3....3.and.4........52.......Red/Lt blue

Finally

well, finally got the car, its a torch red 2000 3.8 standard hard top with power locks windows and ac. no trac control. got it from matlock ford in Franklin, Indiana and took the dealer sticker off the first day. Now it shines like a ruby.

I've driven it a little since we got it but not too much since i can only do it when i am home from school. i'll have a lot of time to drive it while i'm home over chritmas break. I think i'll also be getting a digital camera around then, i'm sure the first things on there will be the car and familly, so ill be sure to get a picture of it up here.

as for now, from what i've been looking at, it looks like pin # 26 on the pcm is the wire i need to splice for the rpm signal to the raptor light, if i'm still not sure when i get it, i've got a friend that i've known from elementary school that works at Jerry's Ford in Farifax virginia, he should be able to get it.