No reverse or turn signal. Help Please!

Don Fiveolio

Apr 23, 2005
Houston, TX
So I have searched the forums far and wide for the issue that I am having, but this one just seems to take the cake. One day, out of the clear blue sky, my turning signal, reverse lights and everything associated with that fuse in the box has gone out. The fuse is fine. I even put in a brand new just for kicks, but it's a no go. I looked over my Chilton Manual and according to it, there are no fuse links or circuit breakers invlolved with that part of the game. The signal flasher is new and I put in a PA Performance 95 AMP Alternator when I bought the car.

What have I over looked? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

You have a wire break inside the insulation or a bad connector. Check the fuse socket for power with fuse in place and the engine running. Some small pieces of aluminum foil on the tabs for the fuse may help here. Be creative with an add in fuse holder and some crimp on connectors and achieve the same thing. No power and the problem is upstream of the fuse holder. If power is present, check to see that it is the same as battery voltage. Turn on several items that run off that fuse and note any voltage drops more than 5. volt.

If all the voltages check out OK at the fuse panel you have a problem downstream of the fuse. Get your magnifying glass out and scan the diagrams for a common wire or connector in series with the fuse panel and feeds the loads on that circuit.