No sound out of speakers help

I recently swapped dashes in my 96 mustang to one that wasn’t cracked. Before the switch, the radio worked fine and sound came out of the speakers but the CD player wouldn’t turn on(not relevant I think). I put everything back together with the new dash the same way it came out and now the rail turns on but no sound comes out of the speakers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

It worked before OK but not now after the work, so it seems to me it could one of two things, the radio turns on but has no output now or the wiring. I would get a schematic and go over the wiring looking for pinched, frayed wires grounding out(and proper grounds). If that doesn't do it then time for the VOM/test light checking voltages, resistance using the schematic. Or get a new system and run new wires. No other electrical problems have cropped up since the change?

I would double check I/P fuse #11 (hot in run) and #8 (always on).

If there is a separate amp then double check that the 25 amp audio fuse in the engine bay is good.

Are you POSITIVE that the radio turns on?

Did you re-attach the radio ground to the ground behind the center console?

The amp is also grounded at the same ground behind the center console. Double check that the amp's ground is good.

If interested in getting a full set of Ford factory wiring diagrams and a service manual for your model year car I maybe able to help. PM if interested.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user