nooby chick from Kentucky

welcome . where in ky are you ? if you need any parts let me know . ive got some odds and ends out in the garage . also wheel you get ready for wheels i want to sell my cobra r and get something else tires have about 3k miles on them .

• Sponsors (?)

The cone filter for the air intake is a big NO-NO. It sucks up hot turbulent air from the
fan and from around the engine. The stock airbox and flat panel filter is one of the best
cold air intakes made. All that is needed is to take the silencer horn off of the stock unit.

I started shopping around thinking of doing the MAF conversion. I am thinking in the long run that might be my best option considering its got the E303 already in there. I had a buddy of mine look it over and it seems the PO may have cut some of the vacuum hoses??? why i do not know. So i found a vacuum diagram and Im gonna check it out this week to see if that helps it at all.

Fix all your current problems and get the car running good before you do a Mass Air conversion.
If you don't, you'll never be able to tell if there are problems with the conversion or it is more of the
old problems getting worse with time.

will do. FIrst on the list is to fix the vacuum leaks and replace the intake/airbox that looks like crap. then go from there. PO also removed the AC and when he did he just cut hoses so Im going to try and find an AC to put back in there. Im not dragging this car so weight doesnt matter to me.

I just scanned & uploaded the 1988 EVTM to my website. Your timing is uncannily eerie. Maybe something to this Holloween stuff?
I only started working on my car after a long absense. Got a code reader for $25. Your symptoms sound similar to mine; from here, I'm guessing emission control, but the scanner will point you in the right direction.

I do not know because it was done when I got it. now i cant get the PO to answer my emails. SO im gonna guess no. All i want to know from him is if he did it for sure himself or if someone just told him they did. Im kind of hoping it not done. But no way to know for sure unless motor gets torn into. which if push comes to shove will take it and have a custom map done or when rebuilding it we just put another cam in. Suggestions on which one ? i want to stay SD i think. was considering going MAF but I think Im gonna try to get it running properly as SD

One question would be has it ever run right with the combination you have ?

Good question there. When I put my TFS cam in my 87' it bucked and would never idle right. I did the MA conversion right after that and never had an issue since.

There are some SD friendly cams out there, possibly the Comp. Cams #35-308-8 (266HR), Comp. Cams #35-310-8 (270HR). If not not looking to switch to MA but eventually you will want to.