Not just another idle prob.

sandman0023

Aug 21, 2004
Chicago
I've posted this a couple weeks ago but the problem still exists. I bought the MSD 6A ignition box, dizzy and wires. I bought and installed the blaster coil back in Feb. When I installed the box I bought the harness. After installing it I was having revving issues. It would rev up to 2000rpms and drop to below 500. It wouldn't die. I called MSD and they told me to install the dizzy and wires and the problem should go away. So I did. I'm still having the problem now.

Any suggestions??

• Sponsors (?)

Have you read through the Sticky " Help me create the Surging Idle Checklist" at the start of the forum? The answer to fixing your problem probably will be in there.

Have you tried disconnecting the msd system by bypassing the harness and plugging the factory harness back in to rule out a defective module and isolate the problem to the engine, whether it be vacuum or electrical, etc?

I did that and the rough idle went away. When I called MSD they told me to install the dizzy and wires and the problem should go away. My problem now is that I can't disconnect the harness to check it because the dizzy is connected to the box.

Man, I'd say that MSD continues to make there typical products...
Faulty at best. Tell them you want an exchange ignition box. If it didn't do it before the ignition system and it goes away when you bypass the ignition box, its hard to believe its something other than there same old crappy product...

I have heard "dizzy" from quite a few places in my life...

Heres one for ya though...Around here spanish slang for a distributor is "ARANA"..

Pronounced Ah-Rah-Nia....Meaning...SPIDER!

Try getting a part from the parts store and they are throwing this word at ya!

I need to move! ;)

This is the first place I've heard it called dizzy. Its easier to type than distributor.
Thanks for the info. I called Summit (that's where I bought it from) and they are going to let me exchange it.

#100 :banana: :banana: :banana: