not the fuel filter, or the gas tank or the starter help!

stuart5.0

Mar 21, 2010
So my 94' mustang wont start. First it ran, i changed the fuel filter and the gas tank it ran for somedays then it stopped. I had to jump start it when i wanted to use it, it would start without it sometimes like 1 out of 10 times. This morning i changed the starter it woked perfectly so i went to the mall, when i wanted to go back home it wouldnt start. The key wouldnt even want to turn all the way i had to jump start it again.

what do i do, any ideas?!
:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

You still have to turn the key all the way to jump start it. I don't understand.

When you say jump start, do you mean compression start?

I think there is a communication issue in this thread...

Is the OP talking about the key not turning all the way (as in the key will move to "ON" but not to "START")

OR

Is the OP talking about the engine not turning over all the way (as in, when the key was turned it went Ga---RUG and that was it)?

SIDE NOTE - Is Ga---Rug the sound I am looking for? You know, the sound an engine makes when the timing is way off and you try to start is and it just sort of flops over once, doesn't fire or anything. Or, in another way, the sound the engine makes when it is minus 20 and you have a 60 month old battery and there is just enough juice there to get one partial crank out of it prior to hearing Click Click Click. You know - Ga---Rug.

If everytime it doesn't start, you give it a jump start and it starts no problem..have you ever performed a test on the battery and charging system before you changed all these parts??

If everytime it doesn't start, you give it a jump start and it starts no problem..have you ever performed a test on the battery and charging system before you changed all these parts??

When you crank and it does not start, Have a friend shake on the ground wire(Negative) and see if it starts, And report back.

Just What I was about to ask. Also sorry if this aint the problem, but sometimes you have to turn your steering wheel and then try to turn key over. It will lock at times. Did you try this when key would not turn?