Nothing like waiting til the last minute!!!!!!

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
went out tonight to wash the underneath of the car. Leaving at 6 am tomorrow to take the car to the dyno to have a chip burnt and fuel pump put in and noticed a ticking....it speeds up as I speed the car up...sounds like an exhaust leak while driving but when parked with the hood up it sounds like it is coming from the front left valve cover.....pissing me off. I started to loosen up the header and too hot...letting it cool off and going to change the gasket....I have the rockers that make noise anyway...came with the trickflow track heat.....I am hoping it is the front part of the header and just the gasket....not that I "want" to mess with it tonight.....

• Sponsors (?)

OK guys.....solved the problem....does anybody hate header gaskets as much as I do?...LOL I'm just glad that is what the problem was. Had to get under the car and loosen the h pipe connection.....I swear that the drivers side is worse than the passenger. At least you can make room by taking out the MAf and CAI......I should weld the damn things in LMAO

Glad you got it figured out, I bet you're excited to take your car in for a tune. I love takin my car places where people appreciate it, even if it was just a performance shop for an alignment last time lol. I actually rarely get that feeling though, cuz I do 99% of the work myself.

What kinda numbers do you expect the tune will give you?

urban96 said:
atleast it wasnt a lifter
Man you can say that twice.......I was sweating bullets. I drove it from the trans shop the other day and no ticking. Sat for two days and tonight I noticed it. I had re-adjusted the connection at the hpipe / header twice and called the guy who helped put it together and he was saying we may need to adjust again.....S&*T....The old gasket was gone right at the front lower which prob. echoed, I did the old wood to the valve cover and it didn't sound like anything........knowing my luck.......HA HA

ya all the stupid lil problems i had after my headswap i learned a lot

had a problem with a bad guide from the machine shop causing some carnage (bent pushrod and valve) got that all squared away, starter ground decided to crap out sometime when that was going on so when i went to start it nothin happen... fixed that... started right up *tic*tic*tic*tic*tic*tic*tic*tic* :mad: bad lifter. tore it apart again and got that all squared away and its been fine since :banana:

95riosnake said:
Glad you got it figured out, I bet you're excited to take your car in for a tune. I love takin my car places where people appreciate it, even if it was just a performance shop for an alignment last time lol. I actually rarely get that feeling though, cuz I do 99% of the work myself.

What kinda numbers do you expect the tune will give you?
What's up Dan, I tell you the last two weeks have went by so slow 'cause I just want to take it down. Don has that sweet Opal Frost vert, mine won't compare but I know he'll take good care of mine.
I set the TPS at .98 and thought my idle issues were gone but no, it still surges bad and it runs really rich, you can smell it , even on my clothes after I am in the garage with it running shortly-can't wait to get the driveability taken care of.
So far as numbers- I don't want to set my hopes to high. Don said that the stock RWHP was like 165 or so.....I've got some serious money into the mods so far but bottom end is stock with no S/C or Turbo....I can say I was hoping to break over 300 at the crank...havn't thought to much about rear wheel. I have the damn Aode=power loss...LOL I really want to be able to run 13.5 in the 1/4..........think it is possible?