O2 harness ripped out, where to find new one

DARK-5.0

Founding Member
Feb 20, 2002
Leawood, KS
My O2 harness lays low close to the ground with the long tubes and must have caught something and ripped it in half. But now the connector dragged and melted away. I'm just gonna solder it back together to get me to work and back. But where can I buy a new O2 harness. It sucks cause it'll have to have the oil level sensor and other crap on it. So where do I look. Thanks

Jeremy

• Sponsors (?)

You can usually get just the connector with a couple extra ft of wire on it and then splice it into the stock harness. I had the same thing happen to my car and had to splice a connector into it just on the other side. I got mine from a buddy in the parts dept at the local dealer. I think that it was about $7.00. The only other option would be the junkyard.

Well the connector on the O2 side is completely gone, in a gutter somewhere. The harness side connector is melted through. So I have nothing to connect to. Right now I had plans to solder the wires without a connector but they aren't color matched and have nothing to go off of, so I'm kinda SOL.

Jeremy

50 Resto sells the O2 harness, but unfortunately, it's also part of the battery harness, and they want... get this...$252.95 for it :rlaugh: See if you could possibly scrounge one up from a junkyard? Maybe someone on Corral has a 94-95 they're parting out, and they'd be willing to pull it for you?

DARK-5.0 said:
Well the connector on the O2 side is completely gone, in a gutter somewhere. The harness side connector is melted through. So I have nothing to connect to. Right now I had plans to solder the wires without a connector but they aren't color matched and have nothing to go off of, so I'm kinda SOL.

Jeremy

Mr. J

The O2 harness is made up of special wires that breathe :jaw:

You are not supposed to splice them :bang:

I'd replace that O2.

Grady

Damnit Grady. Actually thanks is what I should be saying. I secretly knew that but didn't want to believe it so I spliced them anyway. But answer this. I bought the connector with pigtails and I was gonna splice it together with an extra O2 extention I have. Wouldn't that work. Wiring is the same and both intended for the O2 sensor. I need to get new O2's but was gonna wait til I go wideband soon.

Jeremy

Ok, option 2 is to fork it over for a new O2 which will come with the connector i'm missing, then i could just solder in the factory connector i bought into the factory harness, then connect it to the new o2. Then it'd be just like new. besides the solder joint, but thats the only way to do it.

Jeremy

I have seen some say they spliced the O2 harness and everything was fine.

Most likely, some of them had no way to see if things had changed and were making those statements based upon the fact everything seemed to be OK as the car was still running.

You could always try it and see what happens :shrug:

Just passing on info :)

Grady