OBD Codes NOT READY For Inspection?

lobe50

Jan 3, 2007
Hi All

I bought my 2007 GT/CS recently from my Ford Dealership w/ 3800 miles on it. Now since it is technically a "used" car they are responsible to put a inspection sticker on it. WELL they tried 2 weeks ago when I picked it up, and the tech said the "New" emissions scanner they started using recently (plugs right into OBD, no more sticking pipes...) tells him many "Sensors are NOT READY" yet. This car was stored on blocks over the winter w/ the battery dissconnected, so they feel it needs to be driven to ready theses sensors. I have since driven it about 175 miles total, and yesterday he said the sensors are still Not Ready............

The car was a show car w a ton of $ into it. But as far as engine mods it has a Steeda CAI w/ 90mm Meter, Magnaflow high flow cat X-pipe, Ford racing exhaust, and SCT 2 tuner.

I tried returning the tune to stock, BUT the car runs like total **** w/o it, and throws lean codes. So I put the tune back in, cleared the codes and then drove it the 175 miles.

so it is not that the car is failing emissions, it is that it just won't get to ready status. They actually said they had this happen to an 09 they got from the auction w 42miles on it, that was sold as used, therefore also requiring a inspection sticker. They said that it took approx 300 miles to get it ready. Then they said why don't you leave the car here for a week so we can look into it and put some miles on it. I said "Yeah Right, I will put the miles on it myself" LOL

Anyone else have this issue in the past, or any ideas??? THANX

• Sponsors (?)

If you're not getting any codes then the sensors can be prepped for inspection provided the battery does not get disconnected again. Here's the catch.... the sensors require to be driven different parameters, they need to be driven for over 50 or so miles between 0-20mph, 21-45, 46-60 mph to ready the sensors.

You'll likely keep showing not ready as the tune from the CAI/SCT combo has likely disabled some of the emission checks/tests (most likely o2 sensors).

Since you can't run a stock tune with the Steeda CAI you can either a) put stock airbox back on w/ stock tune or b) if you know who wrote the tune for the Steeda CAI, have them send you an 'emissions' version of the tune with all emission checks/monitors turned on.

If you're not getting any codes then the sensors can be prepped for inspection provided the battery does not get disconnected again. Here's the catch.... the sensors require to be driven different parameters, they need to be driven for over 50 or so miles between 0-20mph, 21-45, 46-60 mph to ready the sensors.

Correct. It is likely you just didn't drive the right types of speeds for the right amount of time in your 175 miles. This question has come up a couple of times on here and I believe this was the answer every time.

I am REALLY hoping that is just a matter of drive cycles as mentioned.
I also just downloaded LiveLink and am going to play w it to see if I can somehow see if the O2's are turned off????????? Not sure what it can tell me??

Anyone play w this software??
Thanx again

LOL.....Well as I stated in the original post....I am the Second owner and the SCT Tun
er came with the car from the dealership. So I am not sure of the tuner, I tracked down the orig. Owner and he believes it was Steeda but is not sure of the tune.

Anyway I will drive it some more and hope that it just needed the drive cycle completed....

LOL.....Well as I stated in the original post....I am the Second owner and the SCT Tun
er came with the car from the dealership. So I am not sure of the tuner, I tracked down the orig. Owner and he believes it was Steeda but is not sure of the tune.

Anyway I will drive it some more and hope that it just needed the drive cycle completed....

I'm not sure I'd want to be running a tune of unknown origins, especially since it's giving you so much trouble at the moment. If it were my car, and if completing the drive cycle didn't help, I'd probably just get new tune from Bamachips or something like that. That way I'd know exactly what tune I was running and I'd know exactly who set it up.

I guess there is still some confusion. It is not like someone just grabbed a generic Walmart tune for the car. The guy had 50K invested in this car. It is a STEEDA tune he is just trying to find the details on the tune. And the t
une IS NOT causing a problem w the car running it runs great. It is a emissions sensor readiness issue.
And I just don't drive it enough to finish the cycle. When I order the next mods I will definitely get a new tune.
But hopefully it is a drive cycle issue.

Update..
I ended up meeting with the State's head of Inspection and they passed the car. They are having issues w the new OBD2 inspection system by SYS Tech. Many cars are coming up NOT READY. They are working on a revision to the new system for such vehicles. He said as long as the car is NOT throwing any codes it will pass. He said he sees plenty of cars modded and w blowers passing.
In any Case it is FINALLY DONE :)
Thanx ALL