OBD II Code Reader

• Sponsors (?)

stallion98gt said:
u don't need another software right ? I mean I don't need to buy autotap if I get that scanner ?

No you don't need anything else. The scanner works by itself and it works great. I just bought autotap a couple of months after I bought the scanner because it has so many more capabilities (like being able to get real-time info on all the sensors on the car).

KaPPaBaLL said:
No, in the state of california they passed a law where local shops cannot pull codes for a private owner. I can't get into specific details but that was what was told to me.

Man that is retarded! The dealerships probably got upset because we were not having to give them $80 to get a code pulled. :bs:

stallion98gt said:
i might get that autotap..so i can install the soft on a laptop and use the obd 2 interface to pull codes in the car ?..real time ? that would be cool

Yep. You just hook up to the obd and then hook it up to your computer through a usb port and then you are good to go. You see real time info and you can make log files to record what your car's doing and then play them back so you don't have to watch the screen while you drive. I'm very impressed with it.