Fox obsolete RELAY part number help

jdaj

Aug 1, 2020
nj
anyone know the new part number for eec relay please ? 89 gt 5 speed. i have the old one with E3UF-12A646 BA/9FB stamped on it but when i search that it gives me all sorts of numbered relays. wth ?

• Sponsors (?)

? its a ford relay. that number comes up as a part number but is then crossed to a 5 prong relay. want to make sure i get the right one. i called ford and the parts guy laughed at me when i asked him for an 89 part. said all parts were obsolete. local parts store cross referenced that number but came up with a 5 prong mine has 4. LMR has the same 5 prong and states that the 5 th isnt used but is the correct relay. wanted to get this relay asap cause i cant drive the car without it obviously. if i cant get a part number asap i guess ill have to order it from lmr and wait for it. the shipping is terrible in the current times as it will come from tx to nj. wont see it for 5-7 days at the earliest. surely someone on here has had to replace this thing in the last couple of years and has the newer part number ?

i think i found them. in case anyone is wondering napa has 2 brands. mileage plus electrical # MPE AR242SB and echlin ignition # ECH AR242. advanced has bwd # r647. all are 5 prong. gonna try the bwd tomorrow as its in stock. will post result

i think i found them. in case anyone is wondering napa has 2 brands. mileage plus electrical # MPE AR242SB and echlin ignition # ECH AR242. advanced has bwd # r647. all are 5 prong. gonna try the bwd tomorrow as its in stock. will post result

You can always run a 5 prong relay in place of a 4 prong. All the relays in my box are the exact same 5 prong, even the horn.

Kurt

My Ford parts guy knows I know the part is obsolete but he can give me the correct part number and then I can look on line for it.
Old part numbers are often still on shelves or in boxes at dealerships and warehouses. There used to be a computerized phone hotline my dealership used to look up NOS parts. I found a brand new part I needed was in the dealer’s attic when I called for my own car. The system may have been killed by the internet, but checking for stock at other dealerships should be easier for a good counter jockey.

Reactions: 1 user