Drivetrain Odd Chatter Noise From Clutch Or Something

bud168

Founding Member
Aug 8, 2001
Oxford, PA
Guys,

I had a quite odd issue today.. Went to a car show today.. We ended up getting stuck in traffic so there was a lot of stopping and going.. We are on a hill and my foot hit the brake a little so I had to give it a little more gas than normal so I didn't roll back into the car behind me to take off. I had noticed as I was driving after that the clutch kept getting closer and closer to the floor during normal take off.. As I was driving into the show my car started to have this extremly loud chatter, at first I didnt think it was me but when I reved the engine it got louder.. After 2 minutes it stopped all together, clutch still felt spongy though. I have over my lifetime glazzed over a clutch but never had anything chatter really loud like that.. Could it of been from taking off odd on the hill or heat causing soemthing to be loose? I drove the car home about 50 miles with no chatter, clutch seemed to slip a little though at take off in 1st. What do you guys think? This was in a 92 mustang with a Stage 2 Spec clutch with about 600 miles on it...

Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

I have a stage II as well. I like it, but its not the easiest to drive compared to other mildly modified power level clutches. Spec claims that their clutches grab better the hotter they get. If you heated it up on the hill, it may have had more grip than normal. I have noticed that mine will chatter a little at times, and then at other times it does not.

Joe