Odd steering/brake problem (hydroboost related?)

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I just noticed a weird thing my car does. It may have done this before, but i'm only just now noticing it...or it may be something new.

I know the steering and braking are related through the hydroboost system.

When i'm driving my car and give the brakes a stab, the steering wheel twitches a tiny bit. For example if i'm in a gentle turn and have the top of the steering wheel turned to say 2 o'clock and tap the brakes, the wheel will twitch maybe 1/4-1/2" and return.

I've checked under the hood. no leaks, PS level was full. Nothing else feels weird with the braking or steering. Front brakes look ok and everything is tight....it's just annoying as hell.

• Sponsors (?)

I'll check, but i always install wheels with a torque wrench. I don't think my rotor is warped either. Brakes are pretty good. No pulsation or anything.

But i'll check.

I beleive it started suddenly about 2 weeks ago. One day i was driving home, took a turn and hit the brakes and the wheel twitched and i said "Hmm, i don't remember it doing that before".

I am doing a rear brake job soon when my Brembo rotors come in. I'll take a peek at the fronts anyway since i am bleeding the brakes too