OEM Shift Light?

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
1,054
0
46
Houston TX
I was sitting in the parking lot earlier and it was very dark. I go to turn on the car but I don't turn the lights on just yet and I take a second to admire how cool the gauges are lighting up white just to tell you they're there. That's when I notice that in the tach section right under the middle of the sweep there is a VERY FAINT outline of an upwards pointed arrow.

I remembered that in my sister's old 92 firebird the shift light was indicated like that. Does anyone know if that is a shift light and how can it be activated?
 
The GT500 has it hooked up, it has the small arrow to tell you when to shift for fuel mileage, and the "SVT" shift light on the tach for redline which can also have a beep that you can hear as well.
 
I looked at my build sheet and this is how it is, in the MODULE section of the build sheet, SHIFT INDICATOR LIGHT is "ENABLED". But I have never seen a shift light anywhere on the dash. It would be nice to see if this thing would work. Anybody have any other info on this?