Off for winter

mustangdhk

New Member
Aug 15, 2004
3
0
0
Malden, MA
Just took the stang off the road for winter and im taking intake off to do valve cover gaskets. How hard is it to do mabey rocker arms or mabey even lower intake upper intake. What things should i look for how much am i lookin at price wise and any gains hp wise? The cars gonna be off the road till june im basically gonna do mostly suspention work if anyone was any suggestions on things to replace or mabey some easy hp gains i would greatly appreciate them. I have a 90 mustang gt 103k miles on it bassically totally stock.
 
What kind of budget are you looking at being able to put into the car over the next 7 - 8 months? This will tell alot on what do recomend.

Basically stock? What all or should I say little do you have done???

How mechanically inclined or experienced with engines are you?

You can probally figure most of it out, you have time and good resorces (stangnet/corral/ect) to ask questions and get the right answers.
 
welcome to the boards. :)

i agree with Jason - need more info. also, for the suspension, let us know what your goals are (1320, autoX, etc).

winters are long for you. good luck.
 
I wouldn't spend much for an intake to put on stock heads. If you could pick up something used for a bargain price, go for it.

As for the rockers: I've been shopping for a set of Cobra rockers on eBay and they've been going for $110-140 recently. A 1.7 rocker with your stock cam increases lift from .444" up to .472". I'm not sure how much improvement that would be in terms of TQ/HP. I'm a firm believer in the theory that you can never have too much lift. So long as the valves and pistons aren't getting too intimate :D