• Off-Topic Hangout
  • The Sports Bar

Official 2011/2012 College Football thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter LAVAgt2012
  • Start date Start date Aug 12, 2011
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • …
  • 8
Next
1 of 8 Next Last

LAVAgt2012

Well-Known Member
Aug 11, 2011
1,098
28
58
Panama City, FL
Aug 12, 2011
#1
  • Aug 12, 2011
  • #1
Yeah been cruising these forums and yet to find this and it's that time of year.....ROLL TIDE!
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Aug 15, 2011
#2
  • Aug 15, 2011
  • #2
Well I was waiting for an Auburn fan to post up but I guess they are like the dodo bird.
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Aug 15, 2011
#3
  • Aug 15, 2011
  • #3
 

LAVAgt2012

Well-Known Member
Aug 11, 2011
1,098
28
58
Panama City, FL
Aug 15, 2011
#4
  • Aug 15, 2011
  • #4
COramprat said:
Well I was waiting for an Auburn fan to post up but I guess they are like the dodo bird.
Click to expand...

Auburns fan's are in the weeds right now, hiding.....Oh Cam left things in an uproar and things ain't looking that good for them right now, I'm just waiting to see that title stripped from them
 

Red_LX

I’m not much help unless you’re looking for ****!
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,896
73
129
Morgantown, WV...where couches meet their doom
Aug 15, 2011
#5
  • Aug 15, 2011
  • #5
LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Actually I'm a little anxious to see what the Mounties will do this year.

In his infinite wisdom our athletic director hired Dana Holgorsen as new offensive coordinator and "coach in waiting" to replace coach Bill Stewart after next season. But, Stewart ended up taking offense to that, there was a bunch of friction, Stewart quit and now Holgorsen is the head coach a year ahead of schedule. So there's a brand-new offense that everyone has to learn, and the team lost several really good starters from last year's team. I just hope they do OK this year.
 

Kraw

Nail On The Head El Moderatoro
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
0
2
49
ATL via MSY via MLU via Pitkin, La
Aug 18, 2011
#6
  • Aug 18, 2011
  • #6
COramprat said:
Well I was waiting for an Auburn fan to post up but I guess they are like the dodo bird.
Click to expand...

after last year, you would think everyone in my town is an Auburn Alumni

I guess it doesn't help that I'm only 75 miles away
 

Kraw

Nail On The Head El Moderatoro
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
0
2
49
ATL via MSY via MLU via Pitkin, La
Aug 18, 2011
#7
  • Aug 18, 2011
  • #7
just to add... I do believe my Warhawks will make their first Bowl this year! I just hope it's in New Orleans and not one of the ****ty ones up north
 

LAVAgt2012

Well-Known Member
Aug 11, 2011
1,098
28
58
Panama City, FL
Aug 18, 2011
#8
  • Aug 18, 2011
  • #8
Kraw said:
after last year, you would think everyone in my town is an Auburn Alumni

I guess it doesn't help that I'm only 75 miles away
Click to expand...

Yep we all have to love them band wagon fans....PPl never support the home team until they do something good, now the question is how many many ppl are going to be looking like an Auburn fan when that title gets stripped away because all that dirt is coming out little by little on Cam now lets see if they can sweep it under the rug
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Aug 20, 2011
#9
  • Aug 20, 2011
  • #9
Red_LX said:
LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Actually I'm a little anxious to see what the Mounties will do this year.

In his infinite wisdom our athletic director hired Dana Holgorsen as new offensive coordinator and "coach in waiting" to replace coach Bill Stewart after next season. But, Stewart ended up taking offense to that, there was a bunch of friction, Stewart quit and now Holgorsen is the head coach a year ahead of schedule. So there's a brand-new offense that everyone has to learn, and the team lost several really good starters from last year's team. I just hope they do OK this year.
Click to expand...
You might do OK until Sep 24th...then pain enters Morgantown.

 

Attachments

  • VNXYSZIXILGGOZI.20100926051609.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 0

04Machsy

New Member
Jun 2, 2010
7
0
2
Greeley, CO
Aug 21, 2011
#10
  • Aug 21, 2011
  • #10
 

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Aug 23, 2011
#11
  • Aug 23, 2011
  • #11
Now the fun begins...

LSU QB Jefferson, teammates meet with police about bar fight - NCAA Football - CBSSports.com

Note to all sports figures...STAY OUT OF BAR ROOMS!!!
 

CBus 06 GT

Active Member
Aug 29, 2006
0
9
29
Columbus, Ohio
Aug 23, 2011
#12
  • Aug 23, 2011
  • #12
It's gonna be an interesting year in college football no matter who your favorite team is. I need to say a big thank you to the "U". What's going on down there makes my "Tat 5" look like choir boys now! LOL My Buckeyes will do well, I'd guess 10-2 at this point. The question is, will we be bowl eligible? The NCAA pushed back the final sanctions until at least early October. We'll probably know right before we play 04Machsy's team for the 1st time.

Then you still have the intrigue on conference expansion. I have a feeling Texas A&M will go to the SEC, it'
s just a matter of the SEC finding the right 14th team to add, then they'll announce both at the same time. That'll kill the Big12, the hot rumor in Columbus is that the Big 10 will then push to get both Oklahoma teams. I can see that in 3-4 years, there will be 4 super conferences (Pac "10", Big "10", the SEC and a combined Big East/ACC) they'll create their own playoff system to start when the current BCS TV contract expires.
 

LAVAgt2012

Well-Known Member
Aug 11, 2011
1,098
28
58
Panama City, FL
Aug 23, 2011
#13
  • Aug 23, 2011
  • #13
CBus 06 GT said:
It's gonna be an interesting year in college football no matter who your favorite team is. I need to say a big thank you to the "U". What's going on down there makes my "Tat 5" look like choir boys now! LOL My Buckeyes will do well, I'd guess 10-2 at this point. The question is, will we be bowl eligible? The NCAA pushed back the final sanctions until at least early October. We'll probably know right before we play 04Machsy's team for the 1st time.
Click to expand...

I hate that word "BUCKEYE", being an ALABAMA fan an all....I was born in MI, i may not follow the team anymore since I've joined the USAF 12 yrs ago, but one thing that stands is a good rival (even though they lose almost every year) i still watch the wolverines vs buckeyes every year....I enjoy it almost as much as BAMA vs Auburn
 

CBus 06 GT

Active Member
Aug 29, 2006
0
9
29
Columbus, Ohio
Aug 23, 2011
#14
  • Aug 23, 2011
  • #14
LAVAgt2012 said:
I hate that word "BUCKEYE", being an ALABAMA fan an all....I was born in MI, i may not follow the team anymore since I've joined the USAF 12 yrs ago, but one thing that stands is a good rival (even though they lose almost every year) i still watch the wolverines vs buckeyes every year....I enjoy it almost as much as BAMA vs Auburn
Click to expand...

Well, you're a Bama fan now, so I don't have to hate you lol. Been a Bama fan since I was a little kid (close family friend was a Bama guy and got me hooked when I was young). Not as much as a Buckeye guy mind you, but been known to wear a Bama hat or shirt from time to time.

Funny story, I'm named after Bear Bryant even though my name isn't Paul. My name is Colin and dad was a big fan of Colin Chapman. Mom wasn't sure about the name, dad told her Bear's first name was Colin and she didn't realize dad was lying to her. LOL
 

LAVAgt2012

Well-Known Member
Aug 11, 2011
1,098
28
58
Panama City, FL
Aug 23, 2011
#15
  • Aug 23, 2011
  • #15
CBus 06 GT said:
Well, you're a Bama fan now, so I don't have to hate you lol. Been a Bama fan since I was a little kid (close family friend was a Bama guy and got me hooked when I was young). Not as much as a Buckeye guy mind you, but been known to wear a Bama hat or shirt from time to time.

Funny story, I'm named after Bear Bryant even though my name isn't Paul. My name is Colin and dad was a big fan of Colin Chapman. Mom wasn't sure about the name, dad told her Bear's first name was Colin and she didn't realize dad was lying to her. LOL
Click to expand...

, yeah I recently got back from a remote tour in Korea and had a custom made bama jersey, it's a vertical split on the color half home/half away colors but the players name on the back is Fast & Furious.....who are the two players?
oh and my hat collection consists of about 20 bama hats and like 3 michigan ones
 

TheRican

Emo Extraordinaire
15 Year Member
May 6, 2002
1,711
66
103
Aug 24, 2011
#16
  • Aug 24, 2011
  • #16
Lets go HOKIES!!!
 

LAVAgt2012

Well-Known Member
Aug 11, 2011
1,098
28
58
Panama City, FL
Aug 25, 2011
#17
  • Aug 25, 2011
  • #17
One more week to go, can't wait!!! Almost time for that first game ROLL TIDE! 3 Sep, Kent state (wish it was a real game)
 

whitesqual

Active Member
Sep 3, 2008
235
1
28
Coeur D'alene, ID
Aug 25, 2011
#18
  • Aug 25, 2011
  • #18
Feels like the off season gets longer and longer every year!
 

LAVAgt2012

Well-Known Member
Aug 11, 2011
1,098
28
58
Panama City, FL
Aug 26, 2011
#19
  • Aug 26, 2011
  • #19
whitesqual said:
Feels like the off season gets longer and longer every year!
Click to expand...

Agreed! Now I'm going to have to hate on your team for a minute I wish they would actually challenge Boise State so they can actually play a decent team, all this playing the sorriest teams in the SEC is getting kind of old know, last time VA this time GA, for god sake play a team worth bragging rights instead of are washouts..... Sorry had to to there, it just frustrates me Not saying there not a good team, but I do feel they're way over rated
 

HobieDude16

I have the cool Founding Me
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
3
6
39
London, England
Aug 26, 2011
#20
  • Aug 26, 2011
  • #20
I'm definitely ready to see what Florida can do this year. I'm not counting on a lot, but I sure do love to be surprised. With our new layout, it could go really well, or it could just be "meh." Guess we'll see soon enough!


GO GATORS!
 
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • …
  • 8
Next
1 of 8 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Who the hell puts the wrong spark plugs in a 3.8L?
  • snowstang
  • Mar 25, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
550
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Apr 3, 2026
LILCBRA
O
My rebirth, Hi from PA
  • onemore1987
  • Jun 28, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
191
The Welcome Wagon Jun 29, 2026
onemore1987
O
L
2012 Seats in 98 GT Convertible - pictures coming
  • lparsons42
  • Aug 11, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
319
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2025
lparsons42
L
S
Hello from Minnesota (and the ancient MustangBoards)
  • SpeedofDarkness
  • Aug 24, 2025
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
0
Views
260
The Welcome Wagon Aug 24, 2025
SpeedofDarkness
S
Z
Progress Thread zeth194 - New Guy on the Block
  • zeth194
  • Mar 19, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
699
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 26, 2026
LILCBRA
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Off-Topic Hangout
  • The Sports Bar
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?