Official 2011/2012 College Football thread

lsu-tiger-eye.jpg
 
LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Actually I'm a little anxious to see what the Mounties will do this year.

In his infinite wisdom our athletic director hired Dana Holgorsen as new offensive coordinator and "coach in waiting" to replace coach Bill Stewart after next season. But, Stewart ended up taking offense to that, there was a bunch of friction, Stewart quit and now Holgorsen is the head coach a year ahead of schedule. So there's a brand-new offense that everyone has to learn, and the team lost several really good starters from last year's team. I just hope they do OK this year.
 
after last year, you would think everyone in my town is an Auburn Alumni :nonono:

I guess it doesn't help that I'm only 75 miles away

Yep we all have to love them band wagon fans....PPl never support the home team until they do something good, now the question is how many many ppl are going to be looking like an Auburn fan when that title gets stripped away :cheers: because all that dirt is coming out little by little on Cam now lets see if they can sweep it under the rug
 
LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!

Actually I'm a little anxious to see what the Mounties will do this year.

In his infinite wisdom our athletic director hired Dana Holgorsen as new offensive coordinator and "coach in waiting" to replace coach Bill Stewart after next season. But, Stewart ended up taking offense to that, there was a bunch of friction, Stewart quit and now Holgorsen is the head coach a year ahead of schedule. So there's a brand-new offense that everyone has to learn, and the team lost several really good starters from last year's team. I just hope they do OK this year.
You might do OK until Sep 24th...then pain enters Morgantown.

VNXYSZIXILGGOZI.20100926051609.webp
 

Attachments

  • VNXYSZIXILGGOZI.20100926051609.webp
    VNXYSZIXILGGOZI.20100926051609.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 0
It's gonna be an interesting year in college football no matter who your favorite team is. I need to say a big thank you to the "U". What's going on down there makes my "Tat 5" look like choir boys now! LOL My Buckeyes will do well, I'd guess 10-2 at this point. The question is, will we be bowl eligible? The NCAA pushed back the final sanctions until at least early October. We'll probably know right before we play 04Machsy's team for the 1st time.

Then you still have the intrigue on conference expansion. I have a feeling Texas A&M will go to the SEC, it'
s just a matter of the SEC finding the right 14th team to add, then they'll announce both at the same time. That'll kill the Big12, the hot rumor in Columbus is that the Big 10 will then push to get both Oklahoma teams. I can see that in 3-4 years, there will be 4 super conferences (Pac "10", Big "10", the SEC and a combined Big East/ACC) they'll create their own playoff system to start when the current BCS TV contract expires.
 
It's gonna be an interesting year in college football no matter who your favorite team is. I need to say a big thank you to the "U". What's going on down there makes my "Tat 5" look like choir boys now! LOL My Buckeyes will do well, I'd guess 10-2 at this point. The question is, will we be bowl eligible? The NCAA pushed back the final sanctions until at least early October. We'll probably know right before we play 04Machsy's team for the 1st time.

:nono: I hate that word "BUCKEYE", being an ALABAMA fan an all....I was born in MI, i may not follow the team anymore since I've joined the USAF 12 yrs ago, but one thing that stands is a good rival (even though they lose almost every year) i still watch the wolverines vs buckeyes every year....I enjoy it almost as much as BAMA vs Auburn :rolleyes:
 
:nono: I hate that word "BUCKEYE", being an ALABAMA fan an all....I was born in MI, i may not follow the team anymore since I've joined the USAF 12 yrs ago, but one thing that stands is a good rival (even though they lose almost every year) i still watch the wolverines vs buckeyes every year....I enjoy it almost as much as BAMA vs Auburn :rolleyes:

Well, you're a Bama fan now, so I don't have to hate you lol. Been a Bama fan since I was a little kid (close family friend was a Bama guy and got me hooked when I was young). Not as much as a Buckeye guy mind you, but been known to wear a Bama hat or shirt from time to time.

Funny story, I'm named after Bear Bryant even though my name isn't Paul. My name is Colin and dad was a big fan of Colin Chapman. Mom wasn't sure about the name, dad told her Bear's first name was Colin and she didn't realize dad was lying to her. LOL
 
Well, you're a Bama fan now, so I don't have to hate you lol. Been a Bama fan since I was a little kid (close family friend was a Bama guy and got me hooked when I was young). Not as much as a Buckeye guy mind you, but been known to wear a Bama hat or shirt from time to time.

Funny story, I'm named after Bear Bryant even though my name isn't Paul. My name is Colin and dad was a big fan of Colin Chapman. Mom wasn't sure about the name, dad told her Bear's first name was Colin and she didn't realize dad was lying to her. LOL

:lol:, yeah I recently got back from a remote tour in Korea and had a custom made bama jersey, it's a vertical split on the color half home/half away colors but the players name on the back is Fast & Furious.....who are the two players? :rolleyes:
oh and my hat collection consists of about 20 bama hats and like 3 michigan ones :D
 
:nonono:
Feels like the off season gets longer and longer every year!

Agreed! Now I'm going to have to hate on your team for a minute :rolleyes: I wish they would actually challenge Boise State so they can actually play a decent team, all this playing the sorriest teams in the SEC is getting kind of old know, last time VA this time GA, for god sake play a team worth bragging rights instead of are washouts..... Sorry :( had to to there, it just frustrates me :nonono: Not saying there not a good team, but I do feel they're way over rated :shrug:
 
I'm definitely ready to see what Florida can do this year. I'm not counting on a lot, but I sure do love to be surprised. With our new layout, it could go really well, or it could just be "meh." Guess we'll see soon enough!


GO GATORS!