Official Tremec 3650 Issues Thread

did you get an aftermarket clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster/adjustable cable such as Steeda or UPR? eek! Where is the friction zone exactly with your new clutch. Hopefully your clutch is engaging properly.. Check it out

• Sponsors (?)

It's too bad they won't fix it anyway. I think they should. It's an obvious defect that they should correct under warranty or not especially if you complained about it before the warranty expired. I got lucky. I had only 6,000 miles left on my warranty.

Got the stang back today with the "fix". It's a little better than before but the true test will be when it gets cold outside.

Looks like Ford didn't do the work itself as there was a paper floormat in the car from the trans shop.

The trans shop and Ford thought it would be a good idea (I guess) and left the boxes with the old trans parts in the car wrapped in the Tremec boxes.

Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but at least I know they "really" did the fix.

I haven't had a chance to look them over, but I am curious if there is any obvious defects or worn area on the old parts and if anyone here lives around central new jersey and wants to check out the old parts, just let me know.

Mustang225 said:
The trans shop and Ford thought it would be a good idea (I guess) and left the boxes with the old trans parts in the car wrapped in the Tremec boxes.

Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but at least I know they "really" did the fix.

I haven't had a chance to look them over, but I am curious if there is any obvious defects or worn area on the old parts and if anyone here lives around central new jersey and wants to check out the old parts, just let me know.

Is that a normal practice? Can i request the old parts back???

Reason being i am a mechanical engineer....and stuff like that makes great paperweights on my desk! I actually have a T-5 2nd gear and 1-2 synchro slider on my desk now, but i could use so new stuff.

Mustang5L5 said:
Is that a normal practice? Can i request the old parts back???

Reason being i am a mechanical engineer....and stuff like that makes great paperweights on my desk! I actually have a T-5 2nd gear and 1-2 synchro slider on my desk now, but i could use so new stuff.

I would guess someone forgot to take them out. I will say that the large box which holds the smaller ones is pretty heavy.

Dr GT said:
i'm good so far...but i hate shifting to third so much.

Why do you hate shifting to 3rd? All you have to do when you shift from 2nd to 3rd it just push it up without looking for 3rd. It goes right in. As you are upshifting, 5th is the only gear you have to "look for".

KaPPaBaLL said:
did you get an aftermarket clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster/adjustable cable such as Steeda or UPR? eek! Where is the friction zone exactly with your new clutch. Hopefully your clutch is engaging properly.. Check it out

The new McLeod clutch is working fine...

When they did the fix on the tranny, they obviously did something wrong. The shop foreman who I have made pretty good friends with said it should not sound that loud. He was going to talk with the tranny tech in the morning... I requested possibly getting a new tranny as this entire situation has drug out for over 6 months now...
see post http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=497672

Anyway I guess I will find out what is going to happen tomorrow... but at least they agreed that the tranny is all F'd up. I was glad not to hear the it's normal speech.

Well the dealer is getting me a brand new tranny... supposively right from Tremec. I asked if it had the fix included and they weren't sure... but it will be one of the newest ones they have. They are going to check on that for me though. They said it would be here in about 7-10 days so they gave the car back to me until it comes in.

01LaserRedCobra said:
Well the dealer is getting me a brand new tranny... supposively right from Tremec. I asked if it had the fix included and they weren't sure... but it will be one of the newest ones they have. They are going to check on that for me though. They said it would be here in about 7-10 days so they gave the car back to me until it comes in.

Just make sure that the tranny serial # starts with 3R3Z, otherwise it will prob be one without the upgraded parts. I know because my tranny was swapped back in Jan 04 and started with 2R3Z, the same as my orig one. Lucky for me, they just did the fix on the new tranny and all is well.

My blower car is under warranty ....LOL....

taking my car in next wednesday , blower and all , they are going to take off the headers , all new gaskets , centerforce clutch , resurfacing the flywheel and aluminum driveshaft are all going in at the same time ., and yes I am going to tip the guys that work on it for taking care of my tranny under my extended warranty ....

Read this whole thread. Wow. Have a 2004 GT and 2nd to 3rd was a real pain at the strip. Was the only issue with my tranny. Put on a Pro 5.0 and that didn't help. This weekend I had Amsoil put in my tranny and rear end. Only got one run in at the track due to rain, but no problems shifting. Hopefully this is the end of my problems.

Don't think the tranny's in the 2004's need to be upgraded. Anyone else have problems with the 2004 tranny?