Shifting Issues - Tremec 3650

KingCobra2001

Mar 31, 2005
I bought my 2001 Cobra a year ago. Over the last 5k miles or so I have been having some huge difficulty shifting. I've already browsed over the 'official tremec 3650 issues' thread, but i couldnt find anything really specific to my car. Basically, the problems pertain to 1st and 2nd gear. Every time I get the car to higher rpms, I have trouble pulling the car out of gear to upshift. It feels like something is blocking the shifter. Every now and then, this will happen at lower rpms as well. Some days it shifts like butter, and then the next day, its quite a task to shift. I've tried pulling the clutch out manually (something about self-adjusting linkage), buying a steeda tri-ax, and also replacing the transmission fluid with synthetic stuff. Anyone have a similar situation happen? Know what the fix is? I'm leaning towards bent shift forks or bad synchros. But I'm no transmission guy. I just don't know...

• Sponsors (?)

Replacing the trans fluid did not help? Are you sure you adjusted the stops properly on your Tri-Ax? I would go back in there and doublecheck to make sure none of the stop bolts "backed out."

If that doesn't help, it's possible the shift forks are bent, especially if the previous owner(s) treated the transmission like a red-headed stepchild. If you have trouble getting it into gear at high RPMs, that is usually indicative of bad synchros...

Has your TR-3650 been in for the shift fork fix yet? Not all of them are eligible, but here's some info on that:

166203516BuitQp_fs.jpg

166203536VNpIIE_fs.jpg