offroad midpipe, which one?

autumn_again

Oct 2, 2007
Hamilton, NJ
everything about my exhaust is stock, except someone swapped some flowmaster mufflers in.

i think i like how it sounds, but its too quiet.

would an offroad midpipe make it louder?

i don't want to say setting off car alarms loud, but that would be sweet too. :D

I can't hear it at idle, and barely hear it revved. i've heard with others driving, while i'm outside the car, and its just quiet.

I'd like to get the SLP loudmouth 2 catback, but right now im pretty poor.

• Sponsors (?)

dr gas x-pipe ftw. it is not just any x pipe its design is far superior to the other x pipes. the sound is better than any other midpipe. i have a friend with a 91gt that put one on his car from o/r h to dr gas xpipe and picked up 8rwhp just by switching midpipes.

man, they both sound so awesome.

will i have any problems with lights going on on my dash with an offroad pipe? i've got a 94.

Thanks man, since someone else mentioned the Prochamber, I feel like I should have mentioned before that my buddy's car (white fox) has a Prochamber and American Thunder catback for the beginning few rips, then after that he switches to Magnaflow mufflers with the Prochamber for the in-car rips, and the track footage.

And you will have no problems with the idiot lights coming on. As long as you connect the O2's back into off-road pipe, you will be fine as they are designed to accept the 02's in the factory location.

Thanks man, since someone else mentioned the Prochamber, I feel like I should have mentioned before that my buddy's car (white fox) has a Prochamber and American Thunder catback for the beginning few rips, then after that he switches to Magnaflow mufflers with the Prochamber for the in-car rips, and the track footage.

And you will have no problems with the idiot lights coming on. As long as you connect the O2's back into off-road pipe, you will be fine as they are designed to accept the 02's in the factory location.

i meant to ask you, does your car pass inspection with the off road pipe, i'm from NJ also.

i meant to ask you, does your car pass inspection with the off road pipe, i'm from NJ also.

Negative...I have the stock h-pipe which I just swap in for a week or so every 2 years so I can pass emissions. If they didn't do a visual inspection, I could probably pass because I still have the rest of my smog stuff, and my levels of pollution were not even 10% of the allowed numbers.

I used to set off car alarms all the time with what I had in my sig. I would especially enjoy doing this when picking up my girlfriend at Worcester State college because the parking lot was so tight that I could get 4-5 per rev and the kids were so funny when they came sprinting out in PJs.

In terms of X, H, or Pro-chamber... I'm gonna say it really doesn't matter for the amount of power these cars make. You'll only see X pipes on NASCARS or the big horse power boys though, so if you're really looking at a few more HP then you want an X pipe. I think pro-chambers sound like crap.

Adam

I used to set off car alarms all the time with what I had in my sig. I would especially enjoy doing this when picking up my girlfriend at Worcester State college because the parking lot was so tight that I could get 4-5 per rev and the kids were so funny when they came sprinting out in PJs.

In terms of X, H, or Pro-chamber... I'm gonna say it really doesn't matter for the amount of power these cars make. You'll only see X pipes on NASCARS or the big horse power boys though, so if you're really looking at a few more HP then you want an X pipe. I think pro-chambers sound like crap.

Adam

Haha yea, mine sets off car alarms a lot also...especially in parking garages. Funny story: So I'm on my way to court to settle my red light ticket at 8am on a Monday morning a few months ago. Well parking in Savannah on any day of the week is a nightmare so I paid $1 to park in the parking garage. So I'm pulling into the garage, and I give it a little gas going up one one the hills and i set about 5 alarms off! Keep in mind this is when people get to work and park in the garage so there are maybe 20 people leaving their cars in their suits going to work, and there are all these alarms going off! Needless to say it was interesting walking outside the garage to the courthouse and still hearing all the alarm going off:rolleyes:

i have the mac prochamber with my magnaflow catback. I really like the sound, its pretty mellow at idle and cruising but once I get on it. :hail2: It's good because it doesn't draw so much attention plus doesn't give me a headache from just driving around lol.

dr gas x-pipe ftw. it is not just any x pipe its design is far superior to the other x pipes. the sound is better than any other midpipe. i have a friend with a 91gt that put one on his car from o/r h to dr gas xpipe and picked up 8rwhp just by switching midpipes.

I second the Dr. Gas!! :nice: I had one on my other GT with Magnaflow Packs...it sounded sooo good! :D Not to mention unique too!

I got a custom Off road Hpipe:D , Its loud And I still have the stock catback So its also quiet.:D LOL

Sometimes I want to be seen before being heard or Being heard before I am seen. LOL :nice:

Of course myne cost almost 3x as much as the rest. lol