oil and smoke coming from dipstick

philly_blunt

Jun 11, 2007
Whats up? I have a supercharged 94, and I am currently shooting oil out the dipstick and it also smokes a little bit. I pulled my plugs expecting to see them covered with oil because of bad rings but they were in good shape. Could it maybe be a clogged pcv system or bad pcv valve? I am waiting for my brother to give me back my gauge so i can do a compression test so thats the next step. But my question is, wouldn't there be oil on my plugs if she does have bad rings?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Could it maybe be a clogged pcv system or bad pcv valve?

You are getting blowby past the rings and it is not being evacuated from the crankcase properly - the dipstick tube is the point of least resistance so it goes there.

I got the supercoupe PCV valve from Ford and also bought a regular valve for my friend that has a N/A Mustang. When I got both of them in, I tried blowing against the PCV valve. The N/A one would seal but still pass a fair amount of air. The supercoupe valve sealed tightly and did not pass any air.

More info on this PCV: http://www.mustang-tech.org/wiki/94-95_Mustangs_Engine_PCV#PCV_Valve_for_Poweraddres

I also got a new Ford PCV grommet - it fits much tighter than the stocker.

What are you doing for evacuating the blowby gasses at the oil fill neck? I ran a line from here to the non-pressurized side of my powerpipe.

Wes

Ok, Im not sure where the tube is going from the oil filler neck, I'll check it out when i get home. As for the pcv vavle, is that box the part number that i could order from ford?