Engine Oil leak from Trans mount

I have a 89 mustang gt with a t5. I recently changed the clutch out due to slipping. I also had a oil leak coming from the transmission mount. I switched the clutch out also did the pilot bearing and the rear main seal because I thought that’s what was causing the problem but ended up being the pcv valve that was leaking, so I switched it out as well. All said and done car is still leaking from the same spot.
Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

Did you wash all the old oil off really well? Could be some just running down from before.

When you installed the rear main seal? Did you get a look at the crank, and did you see any scoring?

Did you loctite the flywheel bolts? If there’s no sealer of loctite on them they will leak oil as they are not blind holes.

Did you wash all the old oil off really well? Could be some just running down from before.

When you installed the rear main seal? Did you get a look at the crank, and did you see any scoring?

Did you loctite the flywheel bolts? If there’s no sealer of loctite on them they will leak oil as they are not blind holes.
I did not wash it well
The rear main was actually dry just switched it out because I already had it.
Yes I did loctite the flywheel bolts

Leaks at the pcv can be more problematic.
Does the pcv fit tight?
Is the metal mesh screen still in place?
Have you done a compresssion test?

Sometimes, it can be pressure from the crankcase, blowing oil out the pcv.
They can be tough to sort out…

Assuming the transmission tailhousing is not cracked, it's possible the VSS/Speedo cable where it enters the trans is leaking. There's an O-ring in there that seals it.

The title implies a trans leak, the leading post talks about the rear main seal and pcv valve and grommet, I'm guessing the oil leak is from back of the lower intake,
if the grommet for the pcv is a little sloppy, I smear some blue rtv around the outside of the grommet and when I install the grommet I give it a little twist just for good measure. I'm kinda weird like that.

The title implies a trans leak, the leading post talks about the rear main seal and pcv valve and grommet, I'm guessing the oil leak is from back of the lower intake,
if the grommet for the pcv is a little sloppy, I smear some blue rtv around the outside of the grommet and when I install the grommet I give it a little twist just for good measure. I'm kinda weird like that.
Yes it’s motor oil traveling to the back
Ok I will get some blue rtv once I’m off work

Starting to think it’s not engine oil but the speedo cable

Attachments

• C01DB786-991D-44DF-8EFB-7C836E222B3B.jpeg
    C01DB786-991D-44DF-8EFB-7C836E222B3B.jpeg
    317.1 KB · Views: 47
  • D9E9769F-FA36-4355-A371-B40DF61353B7.jpeg
    D9E9769F-FA36-4355-A371-B40DF61353B7.jpeg
    474.2 KB · Views: 51
I don’t see engine oil making it that far back unless it’s blowing out at 70mph and the wind is pushing it back. You’d have oil everywhere in that case.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Starting to think it’s not engine oil but the speedo cable

I think so as well.

Spray engine degreaser and hose that down. The VSS has an o-ring, but I’ve found speedo cables themselves leak at the crimp. A good price of marine heat shrink will fix that.

Check your fluid level in your T5. When the fluid runs low, the needle bearings between the input shaft and mainshaft starve and will begin whining as the shaft scores. No fixing that of it happens without a major rebuild of the trans

I think so as well.

Spray engine degreaser and hose that down. The VSS has an o-ring, but I’ve found speedo cables themselves leak at the crimp. A good price of marine heat shrink will fix that.

Check your fluid level in your T5. When the fluid runs low, the needle bearings between the input shaft and mainshaft starve and will begin whining as the shaft scores. No fixing that of it happens without a major rebuild of the trans
Just degreased it and hoses it down
And yes the transmission is whining.
When I did the clutch I also changed the transmission fluid and when I did hardly nothing came out