Oil light

munny

Jul 2, 2004
Hiya guys, new stang owner here, and was wondering if anyone has seen this..

my "low oil" idiot light comes on when I punch it, and seems to stay on for a while. After I park do my thing and go on my way the light no longer is on. First time i pulled over right away and checked the oil level, it was fine, and My oil presure stays pegged right in the good zone on the guage. No oil leaks or anything.. Anyone seen this before? obviouly Im going to get an oil change and run full synthetic, hopefully that will fix it, but I don't want to cause any damage in the meantime.

Any help or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

you may have a short to or from the low level sensor and when you get on it the wires for the sensor are grounding because of engine movment. Also it could just be that the sensor is bad.

I have the almost the same thing going on right now in my 95. The Oil light comes on and the oil is fine, there isn't a leak or anything. This is the first time I have ran full synthetic oil (M1 10w30) in my car. Could this have anything to do with it? I thought the synthetic stuff was supposed to make the car run better.