Oil pressure Guage sender question

Mike, I have wanted to take a Kia Stinger for a test drive and see if it would smoke my Mustang. The reported top speed is not something an economy car company would normally be able to brag about.

@1995 5.0 vert you can get a lot of help here, but more info is required to be helpful. I hope the instructions, the seller or manufacturer can help by web or phone. Without more info, anyone here is guessing.

Sigh... The amount of “ I should stick to buying a Hyundai“ just screams from the rooftops.

2. Are they new?...if so the answer to the dilemma is in that box. They call them........instructions.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm with Mike on what he said, I just may exhibit a little more patience here since this is a member forum.
As I read the ops' post I had to stop and reread the part about a shop installing the gauge. And then reread it again.
This has got to be the second most simple thing to do to a car and he is paying a shop to do it and they apparently can't handle it!!!
Now the new member can get all bent but really it boils down to is he here to learn about auto related things or does he think we will send him the part to fix his gauge problem, it may seem like a mean thing to do or maybe I've had too much coffee today.
Or maybe I've seen too many s550 and retro challengers at car shows.
I guess it would be fair to ask @1995 5.0 vert why he thinks he cannot take on the gauge install himself.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe impatient is the wrong term, outspoken is a better description.

I'm sticking with Curmudgeon. Trying to avoid the line between that and full on misanthrope. The good news is that I did drop 10lbs in the last 60 days of diet considerations, and I am starting to meter beer back in. There is hope in the World. It is unfortunate that we lose a possible member in this dying format over harsh language. If someone comes asking for a meal, we need to teach them how to fish. Just this week, we had someone ask if a V6 starter would fit on a V8 Mustang. You can go on any autoparts store website and compare part numbers, there is no need to ask on forum. At least they can ask questions with perspective. There is no need for a new member to know that a 3510S and 3510MS are the same damn thing.

Kurt

• Useful
Reactions: 3 users
Didn’t the sending unit come with the gusge?

There really isn’t a “short” sweep or “long” sweep sender. The sender has a specific resistance that the guage reads and then can output based on the needle.

Now, the sender can be in the wrong resistance range, but if it came new in the box this is highly u likely.
Out of all the thunder and bluster comes the one right answer,. Thank you Mustang5L5, I agree with you and you beat me to it.

You both might wanna check up on the link I provided then. If the gauge is a 270 degree sweep gauge, autometer lists it as an "air core" gauge, and that gauge has a sender specific to it. ( 2242). When you purchase the alternative full sweep gauge from them, the gauge uses a stepper motor design, and requires a different sender.(2246)
So, when talking about the Ford Racing series gauges that Autometer sells, there really is a specific sender depending on the gauge.
Did you know that too GKT?

You both might wanna check up on the link I provided then. If the gauge is a 270 degree sweep gauge, autometer lists it as an "air core" gauge, and that gauge has a sender specific to it. ( 2242). When you purchase the alternative full sweep gauge from them, the gauge uses a stepper motor design, and requires a different sender.(2246)
So, when talking about the Ford Racing series gauges that Autometer sells, there really is a specific sender depending on the gauge.
Ahhhhh, yeah!!
Well honestly Mike, I never had to think about it because when I, myself, with nobody helping, installed my gauges I read the instructions and made sure everything was in the kit, only problem I've encountered was using teflon tape on the temp sending unit :doh: the gauge was aaahhh, a little 'off'.

The curmudgeon is right. Two different senders based on short sweep and long sweep, all based of the Autometer design.

Kurt