Oil Pressure question

93NitrousLX

Jun 25, 2008
Hey all... William Here from the name I have a 93 LX.... (Will be Nitrous, already have the kit just not installed....)

I purchased this righ tafter some guy converted it from a 4cyl car to the V8.... Needless to say he wasnt the best and I have had to re-work a few things.. but I wont go into that here yet.... Maybe later...... I have a couple questions...

1. the guages didnt work... guy cut a few too many wires I think.... I purchased a set of sunpro.... Oil/water/voltage...... Mechanical ones....
I installed these.. the temp and voltage works great..... But the Oil pressure isnt working.... I see some oil in the clear line but mostly air... .Does this have to be blead? To get the air out? Or am I looking at not enough oil pressure? Whats the best way to check this?

2. This thing has long tube headers... I really like the idea of long tubes... More torque etc.... But not sure of the brand and im not real sure where the leak is.. It looks like where the guy just tried to bolt together from the flange back... It only makes it to the crappy thrush mufflers....
a. Should I keep the long tubes? Or go with shorty's? Obviously deleted the CATS... if I stay with long tubes where can I get a "bolt on" exhaust system? to connect to the headers.. to an X pipe then (either flow masters or???? ) out to stainless tips? Also what size should I use?

3. The last mechanical problem I believe........ is the Clutch its extreamly stiff... the guy said he put in a new clutch... However...... He also had done something with the heads which I had to replace because he didnt put int he dowl pins, as well he over tightened/cross threaded one of the rocker bolts and it popped right off......

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

William

• Sponsors (?)

Yes I believe I bled my oil pressure line. I remember just cracking it when the car was running to get some oil to drip out of it.

If you can make the long tubes work keep em. I think BBK makes a h/x-pipe for long tubes.

The clutch could just be stiff because of the honkin spring Ford puts on them. Its a good idea to get an after market clutch quadrant anyways. May solve the issue.

Thanks... Will give that a shot.... I like the long tubes.. But cant stand an exhaust leak LOL....... Im thinking about wraping them and keeping um... and just got from headers back.....

Thanks

W

Yes I believe I bled my oil pressure line. I remember just cracking it when the car was running to get some oil to drip out of it.

If you can make the long tubes work keep em. I think BBK makes a h/x-pipe for long tubes.

The clutch could just be stiff because of the honkin spring Ford puts on them. Its a good idea to get an after market clutch quadrant anyways. May solve the issue.

You should be able to fix the leaks with a bit of time and elbow grease. They make good flanges. I believe you can even buy ball and socket flanges from flowmaster that you can weld in. They Seal and tend not to leak. I really like that system ford came up with.