Oil Pressure Switch/Sending Unit Location??

GTA_V6_Mustang

Nov 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Ok well right now my oil pressure is acting up real bad, at idle it attempts to drop to zero. Only way to keep it up is to keep the revs up. So I was wondering if anyone could tell me more or less the exact location of the Switch/sending Unit?

• Sponsors (?)

Here's the oil pressure sender. It's known for going bad.

If your oil pressure directly responds to engine RPM, it might be the actual oil pressure, though. Is the quantity OK? A shop should be able to put a calibrated gauge on the stem the sender screws into and give an actual reading, so you can tell if it's just the sender that's bad or if you have more problems.

Attachments

• OIL1.JPG
    OIL1.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 6,513
  • oil2.JPG
    oil2.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 721
So that's why I couldn't find it...burried in there. On my car, it'll jump up and down for about 5 minutes, then it's fine in the center. I'm thinking about just putting in an electrical oil gauge anyways since this is just a switch, with a gauge I could get readings all the time.

ok well got a new one for 6 bucks at advance and now its running great havent had oil pressure that high since i first got the car, no more knocking sound or idle problems, and im pretty sure the mileage seems better. Thanks guys.