• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Oil pressure

  • Thread starter Thread starter 302fordracer
  • Start date Start date Dec 12, 2004

302fordracer

New Member
Mar 27, 2004
738
0
0
Vancouver, WA
Dec 12, 2004
#1
  • Dec 12, 2004
  • #1
Is there something wrong with my oil pressure if it is like 35-40 degrees outside using SAE 10W-30 and my gauge reads around the last part of A begininng of L in "NORMAL?" usually it is on M sometimes when it is cold on cold startup it is in between M and A but this time it was almost on L last night??? If this is too much how should I go about fixing it and what happens if I don't?
 

302fordracer

New Member
Mar 27, 2004
738
0
0
Vancouver, WA
Dec 12, 2004
#2
  • Dec 12, 2004
  • #2
will the heads on a car running with too much oil pressure eventually blow cuz there is too much pressure in the cylinders...it is sad but it would almost be nice if they did cuz it would give me an excuse to do my h/c/i combo I want and my family kinda shys upon my spending too much on my car frivalisly...lol
 

HoofnIt

Founding Member
Jan 8, 2001
1,175
0
36
North Carolina
Dec 12, 2004
#3
  • Dec 12, 2004
  • #3
The oil pressure gauges in our cars are nothing but an idiot light with a needle. All they do is detect pressure and then the needle moves to wherever Ford set it at. You can install an aftermarket mechanical or electrical oil pressure gauge to accurately monitor this.
 

302fordracer

New Member
Mar 27, 2004
738
0
0
Vancouver, WA
Dec 12, 2004
#4
  • Dec 12, 2004
  • #4
hmm....damn...lol ok thanks I thought maybe I'd get a chance for some mods finally...I need to have a good excuse to use money for this purpose unless I want the "you should really be saving for your retirement speech..." even though I just became an adult (although I still invest in 401k)...
 

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
6,892
8
128
N.H.
Dec 12, 2004
#5
  • Dec 12, 2004
  • #5
For under 80.00 you can get the AM steering column pod and a oil pressure gage and be done with it...it really slick to mount and takes minutes, the pod that is...

The factory gage is voodoo for readings...sometimes they make no sense...Sounds like its working just fine..all it needs is a signal to read...it really doesn't no pressure...

 
W

wytstang

Mustang Master
Mar 14, 2004
4,988
4
78
Summerville,SC missing South Fl. weather :(
Dec 12, 2004
#6
  • Dec 12, 2004
  • #6
Damn rio you car is you've done an awesome job
 

302fordracer

New Member
Mar 27, 2004
738
0
0
Vancouver, WA
Dec 12, 2004
#7
  • Dec 12, 2004
  • #7
man I really wish I had looked for a car with the balck leather interior...cuz Rio...your interior is gorgeous I am not the biggest fan on the tan leather that I have...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
01 mustang 3.8 fuel pressure issue
  • Mhaley2006
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
382
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 9, 2026
JohnKay
J
H
Ongoing Battle With Hydraulic Lifters
  • hailer06
  • Jun 8, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
460
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 9, 2026
Noobz347
J
'96 Cobra: A/C gets weak and engine misfires under load when warm
  • jruhnke
  • Oct 22, 2025
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
2
Views
395
SVT Tech Forum Nov 20, 2025
nickyb
G
oil pressure
  • Gandalf79
  • Feb 5, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
2K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 12, 2024
Gandalf79
G
B
'03 GT Fuel Pump/Pressure/Delivery Issue
  • Brodach
  • Oct 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 31, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?