oil pump replacement needed fast

• Sponsors (?)

Including labor? A lot, unfortunately. If it's being done with the engine still in the car, the mounts have to be broken loose and the engine lifted enough to wrangle the pan out from under the engine and replace the pump. It's easily 8 hours' worth of work for an experienced mechanic.

Take the motor out will be easier and cheaper..rebuild it too

LOL this is a lot easier said than done.

I am about to change my oil pan gasket and will be doing the oil pump at the same time. I am going to grab a friend and see if we can do it in a day or 2.

LOL this is a lot easier said than done.

I am about to change my oil pan gasket and will be doing the oil pump at the same time. I am going to grab a friend and see if we can do it in a day or 2.

could be easily done it about 4 hours, pull engine, drop pan, pull pump, put in new pump, install pan, install engine, done, i just did my oil pump today, but my engine isnt in a car yet :D

lol its a little different when its not in the car. I am not taking the motor out either, going to use wood blocks to hold the engine up.

Making a lot to do about not a whole lot here. Pump can be done without even taking the pan off the car and that includes replacing the sump if nesc. Not everyone has access and the tools nesc. to pull an engine especially when you live in a apartment complex or something. All that has to be done is pull the rack forward leaving it attached at the outer tierod ends. Dont even have to loosen the motor mounts of you dont feel like it. Now that the rack is out of the way, once the oil pan is loosened up all the way, it can be shoved around to where there is exactly just enough clearance to reach in and get the sump nut off as well as taking loose the pump. Also, the felpro pan gasket with the plastic dowels is the way to go when doing this. All in all it took me 8 hrs and that was including time waiting on a lightening storm to pass thru....l8r