Oil seperator on 2000 GT?

CManT1914

Feb 5, 2004
Killeen, Texas
I searched but couldn't find pics for any GT's, just Cobras. I just made and installed an oil seperator kit on my 94, and with the benefits I've seen, my buddy wants to do one on his. He has a 2000 GT, but he doesn't know where or how to install it. I'm not familiar with 4.6's, so could somebody post a pic or two of their oil seperator on a 2V 4.6 (preferably 99+)?

• Sponsors (?)

18157a4b.jpg

Attachments

• 18157a4b.jpg
    18157a4b.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 87
jcint said:
what are the benefits of doing this? :shrug:

It keeps oil from pooling up in your intake plenum. These modulars like to suck oil like crazy.

Here's my setup. A few brass fittings, 2 pieces of hose, and a $10 dollar water separator.I've had it on or months and it works great. The inside of the plenum is nice and dry. In total this probably cost me about $16

I got the seperator from Lowes and it fits perfectly right behind the alternator, and the schrader valve that sticks out of the bottom tucks right into the void in the intake.

s3500043.jpg

s3500042.jpg

s3500045.jpg

jcint said:
what are the benefits of doing this? :shrug:

To add to the first reply you got to this question, it theoretically results in a cleaner mix entering the combustion chamber.. i.e. it's fuel and air only, not fuel, air, and oil.

There's also been some debate over at MD about whether these are worth a crap on N/A cars. I drive my '04 maybe 20 miles a week (if that..) the first week I looked at the separator, it was 1/4 full. It works on N/A cars.

their like $10 at home depo (husky brand) and another $2 for the brass fittings... they also sell a little bracket like the one that comes with the steeda. all the parts can be found by the air tools