Oil Seperator *pics*

MysteryMachine

Jun 21, 2003
Parkesburg, PA
OK I know theres like eleventy billion (I just find that funny lol) Threads on here about these things. But I did mine different. Most the pics you see people have them mounted up high where you can see them. I wanted mine out of sight. Also I talked to JT about it so i figured I'd post up the pics so y'all could see a different idea and so he could see what i was talking about.
And I wanted to show off my cool clear hose lol.

So what I did was cut a 3" piece of aluminum, drilled the holes and used a self taping screw to mount the seperator to the bracket. Then mounted it to the hole for the STB. If i ever get another STB I'll just get a longer bolt.

Then the usual line out of PCV to the in of the seperator then out of the sep. to the y thing.

Also added a line back in from my CAI to my valve cover hoping this stops my dipstick from poping out when I romp on the gas. Which was a pain in the ass to install. The hose was a bitch to get on the CAI and with the fox VC's i had to take out the top bolt of the TPS? and push it back out of the way

Before:
View attachment 479976

Bracket:
View attachment 479978

View attachment 479980

After:
View attachment 479982

View attachment 479984

This is the full bay shot. Its out of sight out of mind. You don't have it hanging up full of oil for everybody to see:nice: . And you can see more clear hose for the CAI to VC

View attachment 479986

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same separator. I painted the blue part black to help hide it some. I am going to mount it the same way so that it is out of site. That sort of stuff clutters up the bay.

SeventyMach1 said:
I use Mobil 1 synthetic .... and the element took a crap on me pretty quick. So now, I'm using it without the element.
I use dino oil and also had the element get restrictive. Jinx, if you see the trap stop filling up anymore, chances are that the element got clogged up. Quite a few guys are just installing the separators with no element.

I like the out-of-the-way mount. I like being able to see mine easy but I have the feeling you show off under your hood a lot more than I do. :p
The only thing I would worry about is whether that bracket is strong enough. :lol: The rest of the car could fall apart and that thing would still be standing. :nice:

It looks good man. :nice: