Ok.. Need HONEST opinions....

1990Coupe

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
Toms River NJ
OK... here is what I've been thinking.... give me honest opinions none of this "ricer" stuff.. Ive been thinking about selling my fox to get an STi as a DD.. I cannot afford the STi unless i sell the fox... and it fetches me around 4500.. Now if i sell the fox, in the future I would most definatly get another as a weekend toy like i have now. My fox is a 4 > 8 so its no collector car, although it is a 25th anniversary. OR do i run this scenero, and Keep the fox, sell my current DD and just a WRX instead of an STi. Mind you the STi is a 13.3 DD.. in my eyes the Terminator of Subaru..

what ye say?

PS. i want to do this soon.. cause in a year ill be married.. have to buy something new before i take the plunge! :eek:

• Sponsors (?)

ok. the WRX i was thinking about is the bugeye - 02-03 wrx.. i used to have a black one and i loved it.. i will be able to afford the WRX, but the STi it out of my range unless i sold the stang.. which i would kill me to do.

One that looks like this ---->
DSC00123.jpg

NOW there's an import thread worth talking about :drool:

STi sounds like an awesome car to own... But do you really need a 13 second car as a daily, I wouldn't get rid of the fox only to get one later on to own an STi when I can afford a WRX? I would be MORE than happy to own a WRX AND A VERY CLEAN FOX! :drool: That would be a freaking cool driveway :D

BTW: Cool choice in daily driver

Personally, I've been in the same position as you. I want a WRX and a fox. I hung out with the WRX/STI crowds awhile back when my buddy had his WRX dyno'd at a meet. Most of them are older guys and didn't have that import ricer attitude.

I know you want an STI but I also say you should keep the Stang and get a WRX instead of the STI. You can always mod the WRX.

NOW there's an import thread worth talking about :drool:

STi sounds like an awesome car to own... But do you really need a 13 second car as a daily, I wouldn't get rid of the fox only to get one later on to own an STi when I can afford a WRX? I would be MORE than happy to own a WRX AND A VERY CLEAN FOX! :drool: That would be a freaking cool driveway :D

BTW: Cool choice in daily driver

why thank ya! You guys are right, ill stick with the stang and go with the WRX.. those 02-03's are my fav (like the one pictured above) i owned one for 8 months before i sold it cause it was costing me too much. Im finally getting in a financial position where i could afford it...

^^^ that is damn sexy right there

hell yes it is.. it will make one hell of a DD.. as apposed to my 1992 heep cherokee

Keep the Fox and get a used WRX. The STi is a great car but do you honestly think you won't get bored with it after driving it everyday? This way you will be able to have a DD, good gas mileage and still a fun car, then on the weekends take the Fox out to a show or cruise in......it will make you appreciate both more.

You and always lower the WRX and put some wheels on it to give it that more that stock look.

Personally, I've been in the same position as you. I want a WRX and a fox. I hung out with the WRX/STI crowds awhile back when my buddy had his WRX dyno'd at a meet. Most of them are older guys and didn't have that import ricer attitude.

I know you want an STI but I also say you should keep the Stang and get a WRX instead of the STI. You can always mod the WRX.

true. its a sucky position cause i do really want the STi.. with all the upgrades it has :( the wrx is still sweet tho!

Keep the Fox and get a used WRX. The STi is a great car but do you honestly think you won't get bored with it after driving it everyday? This way you will be able to have a DD, good gas mileage and still a fun car, then on the weekends take the Fox out to a show or cruise in......it will make you appreciate both more.

You and always lower the WRX and put some wheels on it to give it that more that stock look.

Thanks mang! Plus im sure you dont want to see your wheels get in to the hands of someone who would abuse them :nice:
Thanks guys, this is the kind of positive reinforcement im much in need of. I was seriously on the fence here, getting ready to put her up for sale :bang:

For everyday driving I think the wrx would be a better daily driver. I'm just waiting to have money to buy my 03-05 wrx as a daily though. I'll never sell my fox, it has way too much sentimental value.

my friend had an STI and wound up getting rid of it to get an 07 Mustang GT...he got sick of it and wanted a RWD car that had more potential. After you do a few minor things to those cars it is really expensive to make them fast.

He had 05 STI with a full exhaust, intake and a BOV and I wound up beating him in my car with an 80 shot. I started the race at 800 psi only (should be at around 1050) and wound up running out of nitrous midway through and to me my car is slow as ****.

see:

2wy6ix5.jpg

OK... here is what I've been thinking.... give me honest opinions none of this "ricer" stuff.

I know you said not do to this....but you can't mix "rice" with muscle, its just not right! :shrug: And thats my honest opinion!:D

Why not get a SVT Focus or some car that doesn't cross the line into "rice" territory... I'd feel guilty when i went to get into my stang. ha

I know you said not do to this....but you can't mix "rice" with muscle, its just not right! :shrug: And thats my honest opinion!:D

Why not get a SVT Focus or some car that doesn't cross the line into "rice" territory... I'd feel guilty when i went to get into my stang. ha

true.. and i respect your opinion.

I have thought about an SVT focus and i would consider one most definatly! However i wonder how good those are thru the snow? I definatly didnt think about an svt focus tho ill have to keep a look out and test drive one

Snow wise i have no idea...? ha. I go up to car auctions once a week and i've driven one and i was thinking about buying it for a DD but i bought a Pontiac Grand am GT so i could sell it and make some money. But i thought it was a nice tight peppy little car. I'm sure it gets pretty good gas mileage also. That whole winter thing though i have no idea. It might be okay. Somebody must have one on this website i'm sure.