OK, this is a rare thread title, but WHAT WILL IT ?RUN????@@@!!!!

90lxcoupe

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Ive sworn to never do this, but its not my car, its a friends, here is the rundown of the setup, lets see how sharp you guys are.

Notchback
stock bottom end
canfield 192s with a mystery port and 58cc chamber
e cam
TFS street heat intake
1.7 rockers
70mm throttle body
unknown clutch
t-5 with stock shifter and handle
3.73 gear
removed AC and back seat(which is a whopping 10 lbs max)
26x10 MT ET drags on a stock 10 hole

The driver of this car is 17, and never been to the track, and is not powershifting the t-5. These runs will be made at a track rental so he will get as many passes in as he wants

So, what will it run?

• Sponsors (?)

17, no track experience (doesnt mean as much to me since kids beat the brakes off everything plenty hard on the street anyways). mid-high 13s. or he'll nut up and break that damn t5

First time out....................15 something. Car is gonna launch and the kid will go ..............OH SH T and let off the gas. Or........................kid will not figure out how to launch the car and it will go mid 15's

I'm kinda agreeing with Nik here, although the driver probably has as much to do with it as anything. Do we get to know what kind of coaching and/or track experience the young man has had?

I'm kinda agreeing with Nik here, although the driver probably has as much to do with it as anything. Do we get to know what kind of coaching and/or track experience the young man has had?

First time at the track, I did a little coaching with him at the track, didnt tell him to powershift, just more or less told him that it might feel like its moving on the slicks, but just to keep it straight.

I just wanted to make one of these threads that actually had a result, he ran a 12.78 at 105mph, the funniest part was, we all saw him go 13.001, and thought that was his best pass, but the next day he sends me a pic of his timeslip that was 12.7, he is such a rookie he cant read a timeslip. i thought it was pretty impressive tho

Yea he's a youngin, hes on here too i think, funny story on how i met him. I was looking for some stock springs and i found some local on craigslist, so we were bullshi tting about his car and it turns out we both found our cars on ebay, and both bought them from the same guy in shelton, ct.

12.7, very nice! That is awesome for a granny shifting first time out at the track. Car will probably go low 12s with practice.

Not a lot of Canfield heads around anymore. I'd hold on to them if I were him, if for nothing more than nostalgia.

I'd say 12.7 is pretty fine for a 17 year old new to a track in a car like that. I'd like to see how much he'd improve with a shifter.

I'd say 12.7 is pretty fine for a 17 year old new to a track in a car like that. I'd like to see how much he'd improve with a shifter.
I have my very first short throw shifter on my car I have ever owned. Never seen the draw to how they would make me faster.... I think I rowed fine and fast with the stock one. The tri axe coupled with my tremec is a totally different world and I feel slower now :(

I have my very first short throw shifter on my car I have ever owned. Never seen the draw to how they would make me faster.... I think I rowed fine and fast with the stock one. The tri axe coupled with my tremec is a totally different world and I feel slower now :(

My Tri Ax improved shift time on my t5 most certainly, but I didn't like it, I always seemed to smack right in between 1st and 3rd on the 2-3 shift and miss 3rd. TKO is slower... I'm going with an MGW eventually to see if it helps.