On a budget... Unfortunately

First, Im not being an ass, just letting you know what you are REALLY in for...

Ready, set, GO

Your list contains a lot of stuff that just plain is not necessary to do with a basic non-cooled centrifugal blower. Sure, many of those things are cool to do, but certainly not necessary.

The Vortech V2 I bought new for $3700 was a complete kit: blower, tuner, 2nd fuel pump, bigger injectors, etc. Here are the additional costs above and beyond the initial price I paid...

$899 for installation, although I could have installed it myself in retrospect (I've since removed and reinstalled the blower once in my own garage at home).

$450 for 3 hours of dyno tuning. Vortech supplied a tuner & a 50-state legal tune, so I didn't have to do custom dyno tuning, but their supplied tune is way too conservative, plus I really wanted to maximize tuning for blower, as well as the automatic transmission and stall converter.

$140 for colder/copper spark plugs. Some kits include colder plugs. The one I bought did not. I consider this a must-have item for superchargers to prevent spark "blow-out" from the higher cylinder pressure and the colder heat range helps prevent detonation.

Sure, there are lots of other components of the car that "could" be upgraded to better reign in all that extra power, but for a daily driver that sees occasional dragstrip use, I hardly think you have to go crazy modding every other system of the car.

• Sponsors (?)

Your list contains a lot of stuff that just plain is not necessary to do with a basic non-cooled centrifugal blower. Sure, many of those things are cool to do, but certainly not necessary.

The Vortech V2 I bought new for $3700 was a complete kit: blower, tuner, 2nd fuel pump, bigger injectors, etc. Here are the additional costs above and beyond the initial price I paid...

$899 for installation, although I could have installed it myself in retrospect (I've since removed and reinstalled the blower once in my own garage at home).

$450 for 3 hours of dyno tuning. Vortech supplied a tuner & a 50-state legal tune, so I didn't have to do custom dyno tuning, but their supplied tune is way too conservative, plus I really wanted to maximize tuning for blower, as well as the automatic transmission and stall converter.

$140 for colder/copper spark plugs. Some kits include colder plugs. The one I bought did not. I consider this a must-have item for superchargers to prevent spark "blow-out" from the higher cylinder pressure and the colder heat range helps prevent detonation.

Sure, there are lots of other components of the car that "could" be upgraded to better reign in all that extra power, but for a daily driver that sees occasional dragstrip use, I hardly think you have to go crazy modding every other system of the car.

I would add to the colder plugs a higher capacity radiator and an oil cooler especially if you don't run an intercooler on the supercharger.

This should be around $600 bucks but will go a long way toward engine longevity.

Do the mods in my list. I was on a tight budget, bought the parts here and there. Always looking for a good deal though. Thats just to get you started. Long way to go for that 11sec stang that
you want.
I just got my Pype O/R X Pipe yesterday:D. $179 free shipping. :nice:

Going FI with a very limited budget of $4k is a really bad idea IMO> when **** goes wrong your stuck. Doing things on the very cheap only asks for **** to go wrong.

I would get a brenspeed (or similar) tune with a cai $550, 4.10 gears installed $500. Those two mods alone and your car feels entirely different.

Headers are cool but the install looks like a nightmare and paying somebody will hurt your cash.

patrick