On The Road Again

JD1964

there is enough sticking out to grab on to
15 Year Member
Jun 28, 2013
Maryland
First of all, I'd like to thank the members of this forum for helping me with the questions I post and their contributions to the group altogether. It has made learning about Fox body Mustangs a pleasure and I plan to enjoy my '92 for a long time.

I finished the head and intake swap earlier today. It started right up. The valve train is quiet and its idling very well with no CEL so ECU is happy. All vital signs are good and there's obviously a big improvement in performance. Especially above 4k rpm. It pulls hard and smooth right up to about 6k rpm. I'm sure the ECU needs more time to sort things out so I can only imagine it might get a little better with time. Right about the time I was heading for the highway for some all out flogs, snow started to fall so I retreated to home base. The fun will have to continue another time.

BTW, I updated my signature to reflect my general setup as it now is.

Here's a few pictures. As you can see, I'm not concerned with cosmetics or dressing up the engine compartment. Although, I can assure I'm very serious about proper function. Let me know if anything in the pictures doesn't look right. (as far as function is concerned)

Thanks again everyone.

P1040579.jpg

P1040580.jpg

P1040581.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

John. way to go. Glad it's running well. I have an extra intake plate if you need one.

If you haven't already, change the oil and filter, recheck the torque on the intake, exhaust and VC bolts as they tend to back out after a heat cycle.

Great job,

Reactions: 1 user
John. way to go. Glad it's running well. I have an extra intake plate if you need one.

If you haven't already, change the oil and filter, recheck the torque on the intake, exhaust and VC bolts as they tend to back out after a heat cycle.

Great job,

We have an intake plate. Actually, the original one on the car had to be destroyed to get it off. One Torx head stripped and the other had the bit snap off and get stuck in it. So we picked one up at the junkyard. It was kinda nasty looking so my son took it to work to bead blast and paint it. We'll put it on soon.

Got fresh Mobil 1 full synth 10-30 in the pan.

The car has SR performance springs in the front. I like the hot rod look with front pitched down so I left the stock springs in the rear. The car still has factory shocks. When I say factory, I mean the ones the factory put on. Rides and handles fine. 55k miles on the car.

john, i thought you swapped the intake when you swapped the heads?

Yes, I did the heads and intake at the same time. Was it the other pictures I posted that confused you? elarm1 wanted me to post pictures of the car. I posted some random ones so they may have looked out of chronological order with regard to the recent work I did.

keep your son under the hood i thank my dad everyday for it. i am glad i followed in his foot steps. it kept me out of big trouble through my life so far. Lost my dad 15 years ago so its awesome to see you and him involved together:):nice: in the car

Reactions: 1 users