Once you go black....

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
Houston TX
you apparently can go back in this case :D. I'm thinking about getting one of those magnetic blackout panels for the trunk. What are your thoughts on those especially with a vista blue?

• Sponsors (?)

does this help...
harrisfarm015.jpg

Attachments

• harrisfarm015.jpg
    harrisfarm015.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 63
Well I pulled the trigger on this. for 35 bucks what the heck. I love the way the car looks but I wanted something else to set it apart so I'll see how it looks.

The honeycomb looks awesome but I'm not too keen on tacking stuff on the car so I went with the magnetic idea which is pretty neat. If only they had a magnetic honeycomb looking deal it would be awesome. Maybe I ought to build one.

Well I pulled the trigger on this. for 35 bucks what the heck. I love the way the car looks but I wanted something else to set it apart so I'll see how it looks.

The honeycomb looks awesome but I'm not too keen on tacking stuff on the car so I went with the magnetic idea which is pretty neat. If only they had a magnetic honeycomb looking deal it would be awesome. Maybe I ought to build one.
You could make the SHR honeycomb tail panel magnetic. All you would have to do is put thing magnetic strips (available at almost any hobby or hardware store) in place of the 3M tape.

I want the Magnetic panel, as the honeycombs look like they would be hard to completely dry after a washing. Some have reported fitment problems due to the rolled up nature of the packaging. Put some weight on it for a while and it should look fine. I would also think that black louvers on the rear glass would add to the look (for me) as I have the Shaker. A black chin spoiler would complete a good look on the Vista blue cars. My 2 cents.

Also, I'd be wary of running through a touchless wash due to the pressure of the water. Been behind a few people with the little magnetic yellow ribbons. Granted ,the mags. will be stronger than that. My extra .01

Thanks for the replies, I'll definitely remember to put the thing between two textbooks and leave it there for a while if it comes in a little wrinkled.

I got mine last christmas and of course wanted to put it on right away even if she had a few months left in the garage... it did have a slight curl to it at first but once the weather warmed up and it was in the sun a few time it flattened right out and fits great now.

As far as car washes, they actually recommend that you take the magnet off and wipe it clean every time you wash your car because a little bit of dirt usually manages to sneak under the edges.

4bangstangvert,-- you considered pulling of the CS decal?? I saw a Vista blue that the guy pulled it off and had a White one made up and placed it on the bottom, liek the pnoy packaeg decal...it was sharp looking.

it got this one and love it.

DSCN0864-1.jpg

wow i took that pic a long time, and many mods ago.

newexhaust4.jpg

ignore the back tires. those were the set of tires i decided to store the car with.

Attachments

• DSCN0864-1.jpg
    DSCN0864-1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 55
  • newexhaust4.jpg
    newexhaust4.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 56
everytime i see the thread title all i can think of in my head is the one guy from white chicks

"once you go black ,you gunna need a wheelchair"

the honeycomb does seem like it would be a pain to dry off, but thats what compressed air is for.

4bangstangvert,-- you considered pulling of the CS decal?? I saw a Vista blue that the guy pulled it off and had a White one made up and placed it on the bottom, liek the pnoy packaeg decal...it was sharp looking.

I've thought about removing it after waxing and having to go back with the detail brush on all of the edges of the stripes :p . I like the black and blue theme I've got going on though so I don't think I'd do white and I've never cared much for the rocker stripes on a s197. If I do remove them I'll prob go no side stripes at all and do a mach1 style matte blackout on the hood to match the trunk lid.

I would be curious to see how the one you're referring to turned out, though

Well I did it. And here are the results.

21553229382.jpg
21553229383.jpg

I couldn't be happier, it was cheap and it really changed the look of the car but most of all I can take it off whenever I feel like it though I don't really see myself doing that. I didn't think it would look good on a vista blue but after seeing it up close I changed my mind.

Attachments

• 21553229382.jpg
    21553229382.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 21553229383.jpg
    21553229383.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 50