One Piece Headlights

331turbo

Jul 20, 2017
my painter missed up my headlights.so I though I'd try the one peace ones. I can not get them to match up to my car at all. Iv taken the studs out an just held them up to the car an they still don't match up. There is always a gap in the corner that I can never get it to close. Anyone who is running the peace headlights did you have the same problem an if so what did you do to fix it. Never had this problem with 3 peace ones.

Attachments

• IMG_1340.JPG
    IMG_1340.JPG
    460.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    763.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    502.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Sponsors (?)

I've tried the one piece headlights before.. And had the same issue. The fitment was horrible. So I went back to the 3 piece and they fit like a glove. Plus I think the 3 piece look better imo. You might have to shave some material off the backing... But be careful. If they truly don't fit, I'd return them.

Another thing about the aftermarket headlights. The are horrible at projecting light which is their primary function. I just ditched aftermarkets and went back to OEM.

I've been researching this for awhile, checked out a couple cars with aftermarket head lights, stock, clear, and smoked.
Smoked: not good for night driving, most opinions are 'I just don't drive it at night' :doh:
Clear: good but some have questionable light spread which may be just ajustment
Stock: good for my junk pile, I noticed that a number of people are replacing the one piece and smoked with stock/clear for better night driving. :shrug: after all, thats what head lights are for right?

Any of the after market lights done really fit that well. Ive worked at a body shop for almost 20 years and its always a fight. The stock aftermarket replacement 3 pieces seem to fit the best. One pieces are crap. ITs hard to find a decent oem set these days.

I remember asking for one piece lights years ago, but now that they are here, don't really like them. I'm not surprised they don't fit so well.

They just look so cheap and really cheapen the look of a nice car.

I installed a set of 6 piece clear aftermarket headlights last year, think I got them from American Muscle.
Anyway, after a lot a trial and error I got them to line up pretty good and think they look great appearance wise, but as a far as functionality the light spread sucks.
In an attempt to improve the situation I did the headlight relay upgrade, but haven't had a chance to compare yet.

I managed to track down a set of NOS Ford lights on eBay. Won't tell you what I paid, but rather than stick them on the car, I carefully boxed them up and put them away any bought a set from LRS or AM.

I'm happy with the quality, but I've never actually driven my car at night so no idea how the light spread is. But comparing the fit/finish of the lights to each other, I thought they were half decent for what you pay.

I have a set of smoked ones too but decided to go back to OE style

Last edited: