online instructions for installing cobra grille insert?

killer5.0

5 Year Member
Oct 8, 2009
i bought a cobra grille insert and it didn't come with directions nor any way to mount it to the car...anybody know where i can get some online instructions so i can see what to cut and where etc? thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty straight forward really. Cut out the center bar...if something's in the way, trim it out some more. Leave as much of the outside edge as possible. Scuff up the paint a bit and then wipe down with alcohol. Apply with double sided tape. Enjoy your new pony

just double side tape huh? maybe i can through a few rivets in it too...thanks just wanted to make sure i didn't cut anything wrong before i do it....still have to get it painted...thanks again

Sorry for asking, I searched

Pretty straight forward really. Cut out the center bar...if something's in the way, trim it out some more. Leave as much of the outside edge as possible. Scuff up the paint a bit and then wipe down with alcohol. Apply with double sided tape. Enjoy your new pony

If this has been answered before, my apologies...anyways I want to install a cobra grille insert on an lx, are you saying just cut out the center bar and it should pop in? Are there any alighnment issues? What about the tape? Is there a special bodyshop grade of tape to use?

Lastly, is the 'template' everyone refers to for gt bumpers only?

Thanks and if there is a thread with pics please point the way...

Here's a pic, rivets on the top and 2 sided tape:

IMG_0450.jpg