oOH MY GOD I'AM FINNISHED AFTER 5 YEARS 2 MONTHS

ARPM

Jul 8, 2004
PUERTO RICO
After 5 years & 2 months, many thousands $$ invested a few hundred parts purchased wrong a few hundred more duplicated dozens of arguments with the body man and a sencond small stroke..... She's DONE!!!! Here is the link to some of the pics. A few hundred more will follow.
1965 mustang.net
1965 mustang.net

65mustang.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Looks nice! just wondering are the hood scoops blocked? Beautiful engine btw.

Yes they are. This is a metal hood with the fiberglass scoop fitted. The structure of the scoop was so weak that we used canned foam urethane to fill the inside in order to level the top of the scoop and eliminate the sags it had (See pic below). A new all metal hood with the same scoop is on the way to replace it.

hood-scoop.JPG

NEW CUSTOM BUILD ADJUSTABLE STRUT RODS

It's been a few months after the car rolled out and a few things have been added to improve looks and performance. Here are the custom build adjustable strut rods. Since i already had the new rods chrome plated and new Prothane Red Poly bushings were installed it was just a matter of cutting them,thread them 3/4"-16 left&right and weld the tube adapters with a 2" chromoly tube. I may change the front bushing setup later for an adjustable joint.

struts.jpg

It's been a few months after the car rolled out and a few things have been added to improve looks and performance. Here are the custom build adjustable strut rods. Since i already had the new rods chrome plated and new Prothane Red Poly bushings were installed it was just a matter of cutting them,thread them 3/4"-16 left&right and weld the tube adapters with a 2" chromoly tube. I may change the front bushing setup later for an adjustable joint.

struts.jpg

that's a nice looking setup there. kind of reminds of the old Ford SVO adjustable strut rod setup, basically they were just regular old tie-rod adjusting sleeves but the strut rods were cut and threaded like yours. they weren't specifically listed for early mustangs though, so i'm not sure what the intended application was other than it was for some kind of circle track part (can't remember if it was dirt or asphalt though)

hey! you chromed my valve covers and air cleaner! and to think, i dont like keeping my engine compartment clean:hail2:
Yeah! I guess I’m a chrome freak. I even had 2 blue distributor caps chromed just for show. I had the covers and air cleaner polished but the maintenance of aluminum in engine components is so tedious that I had them chromed and then zoop treatment applied (To all engine parts, brackets, wheels, and suspension ect.)

dist.jpg