oops...

WaterPog

Founding Member
Mar 12, 2001
Portland, OR
This type of thing is main reason I drag race ;)

46317625.bf071705027.jpg

Rest of the gallery : http://www.pbase.com/atrltd/bric2005

Attachments

• 46317625.bf071705027.jpg
    46317625.bf071705027.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Sponsors (?)

Oh man. That is SO sad to see all those classic cars hammered like that. But it's not like drag racing is without it's risks too. I've seen PLENTY of cars crash at the drag strip too. A broken axle or oil spot on the track can really ruin your day.

stock50LX said:
No more than a million, or two, or three worth of damage there.
More like a couple hundred thousand. With the possible exception of the Mustang (could be a real Boss 302, hard to say), the rest of them are not particularly expensive cars and most of them look fixable.

Cue-Ball said:
But it's not like drag racing is without it's risks too. I've seen PLENTY of cars crash at the drag strip too. A broken axle or oil spot on the track can really ruin your day.

Very true, but it's far less common to see a car get banged up bad at the strip and when it does it's almost always just your car that gets hurt. I would really feel horrible if I were to f'up and destroy someone elses car, worse than I would about the damage to my own. I would assume that you would have the same kind of liability in a situation like the one above as you would on the street, but without the benefit of Insurance in most cases?

WaterPog said:
I would assume that you would have the same kind of liability in a situation like the one above as you would on the street, but without the benefit of Insurance in most cases?
The situation above is certainly a race, and therefore I'd guess there is no liability, you play at your own risk.

In an open track situation, you may or may not have liability, I'm not sure. But you also have insurance to cover it. And you don't get wrecks like this at an open track event.

Dave

Good luck finding ANY insurance company that will cover Open Track time. I got dropped from State Farm just for having a preppared vehicle.

Sounds like that crash was due to a pace car that failed to gather the field properly follwed by an improper display of the correct flags. Guess you had to be there but then again I'm glad I didn't have to witness it.

Drag racing may not have multi car crashes but it's only fun for the racer...as a spectator, boring as hell. I'll take three hours of ALMS any day. Biased road race fan point of view.