Opinions on MAC Catback Exhaust...

50cent

Aug 13, 2005
This is going to seem very wierd, but i am a Camaro owner looking for opinions on the MAC catback exhaust from you mustang guys. It seems that while alot of Camaro/Firebird Owners have Mac headers, i cannot get in touch with anyone with the catback. Now i know Mustangs and Camaros sound much different, but overall characteristics of the muffler/catback should be the same when compared to other brands.

I just want to know what the exhaust system is like. My car is stock. Is there alot of droning, raspyness? how loud is it? Does it become bothersome, etc, etc. Any info that i can get from you guys would be greatly appriciated, because as i said, i cannot get in touch with ANY camaro/firebird owner who has the mac catback. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

MAC catbacks sound rather generic. They dont sound bad or necessarily good. They just sound like you have a V8 and yes there is a slight drone but not as bad as flows. I have a mac catback on the 5.0 and it sounds good but im switching to dynomax soon because my cat back is old and is rusting.

Hope this helps,

Oh and if you decide to get em post up a sound clip.

I just bought my mac catback about a month ago and I abo:taco:ely LOVE it sounds really nice with my new motor. I also have mac headers and mac off road h pipe to finish off the exhaust. No complaints here on the exhaust and it fit up perfectly with everything else no rubbing or anything also the new setup comes with adjustable tips which is even nicer.