Opinions on what to do with my daily driver...

if it NEEDS that stuff in order to not eat the tires, and is the most economical route, then so be it. i'm not going to question your research. but i'd worry about 80K used parts .... that usually ends with more pain, not less

i hope you don't think i'm being a hard-ass about it or anything. it's just that i hear about and see so many people get so close to the edge, and then something bad happens and it really sucks for them. i have a friend who builds houses, and he over-extended himself and was living way over his means and had borrowed alot to pay for stuff he and his wife wanted. i mean, this guy was the owner of hidden valley, the ski resort (it was passed down to him by his father). then when the housing crisis hit, he was in such deep doo-doo that he had to sell the ski resort and his primary home and downsize. he apparently still has alot of debt left, but they are making it because they are learning to live within their means. it's a hard lesson when the culture beats living on credit into you like it does.

• Sponsors (?)

Little update a year has gone by and the focus is still running 165k on the clock. I had to replace the DPFE shortly after this post.

It needed a new motor mount and alternator recently but other then that its still running good however,I just failed maryland state inspection for a broken coil spring so i finally bit the bullet and bought the svt suspension kit.

I was only 15k out of the extended warranty for the spring failure recall. :nonono:

But when i checked the price of a front spring and strut assembly at autozone it was $149.99 a side. SO $300 for both sides... i got the SVT kit for $289 plus shipping and includes the fronts pre assembled and i get the rear springs and shocks as well... Along with about an inch drop :shrug: not that i care i more just wanted to fix the spring issue. But while im in there i might as well replace the struts.